• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo installer/tuner in Sac area

JRZ

Contributing Member
I know Shad is in Rancho Cordova but, haven't gotten a reply from him in almost a week. Maybe he's on vacation. I heard he's a one man show but, I like to deal with people who are good with communications as business should be. Thinking about bringing the X with me on my move to Sac so I can finish some mods over the winter. Angus has a turbo kit ready for me but, I need to find someone to install and tune it. I'm willing to drive to So Cal if the recommendations is high. Just got my J35 installed and all the little bugs worked out. I would even install it myself but, won't have anything with me on the drive down. If someone has the time/space/knowledge to install, I wouldn't mind paying to help out. Feeling out all the options. TIA.

Marc

Welcome to Sacramento, hope to meet you soon

Definitely. Hope it won't be like the last time I took the X there a few yrs back. Ended up being parked most of the yr as no one in the area brings them out. Think there's around 4-6 X's in the Elk Grove area alone. I'll be out solo if need be just like here in the PNW. See ya soon.

Shad can be hard to get hold of (I never had a problem though) but mostly due to what you said - this is one man shop. He may be out at the track as well as support his son for go karts. But I don't know anyone else you can take such a job to in NorCal.

Good to know. I've already dropped the X off to Angus in BC to do the install since having such a hard time finding an installer in Norcal. Ended up needing some custom welding as well from the difference in the J35. Will need to add fuel/engine management on my own so will need help on those later. Thanks guys.

Yup. I'm already expecting to have to drive out to the Bay area for most meets/drives. Sac really doesn't have the environment for nice drives. I was out with the Sac S2000 group once when I had my S there which wasn't too bad. Just not too scenic. Many dry farm areas (where's the green grass? lol).

Last edited:
Welcome to Sac. There are some nice drives up the foothills and around the lake. Euro Sunday and Cars and Coffee Folsom are a great place to meet others. I'm out there with my black 91 sometimes. Hope to see you around!

Hope to meet up on some of those then. I should be in Sac tomorrow but, will have to fly back in a few weeks for the X. I'll post back for a coffee meet or something when it's actually in town. See you then.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the car has developed a leak and needs to visit B.C. before bringing it down here. I also had a tough time crossing the Mt Shasta area last week so would have a harder time in the X till Spring comes along. I'll post up again when I have the car in town.

I've got some on Facebook. Here's one in progress.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Installed turbo3.jpg
    Installed turbo3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 109
Back