• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Square Setup

Hi

So I have a set of Volks CE28 17x10 +45 square setup with 255/40/17 tires that I would like to fit on my 91 NSX. I plan on getting wider fenders, probably DF for the fronts as well. Some questions below on fitment.

1. I dont see square setup's on NSX's, what are the major draw backs and advantages if any?
2. If I get the DF wider fenders, would that fit the offsets/tires?
3. Would I need to roll the rear as well if I drop the car? I will probably add some camber to both the fronts and rears.
4. Would I need to upgrade my front sway bars?
5. Other things to be concern about that I didnt mention?

Thanks in advance as I come from an S2000 background and will probably end up tracking the NSX as well next year.

Sorry I'm not the expert but I don't know of other options besides widebody kits. I've not heard of people running square on an NSX.

Thanks. I'm sure it's not popular running square setup since I couldnt find much info on it but I wonder why? It does wonders on an S2000 and I would love to use them on the NSX if I could.

I think you will find that it is because the NSX has very little room in the front fenders. 235 is about the most you can run on the stock fenders and even that will rub at full lock.

jwmelvin is right , you will rub. i have 17x9 on 245s in front and it barely just rubs on the frame (no liners). no way a 10jj will fit unless you run a smaller diameter tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the infor. The 255 is already starting to stretch the 10jj offset and so I cant imagine running a smaller tire on it. Would using +25 wheel spacers and running wider fenders work to avoid hitting the frame?

my setup is on +25mm fenders so unless you can source some super gt fenders it won't fit
1089b9d90762168cbfebe21b3dd3a2b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back