• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner in Abu Dhabi

Hi guys,
New NSX owner here and just wanted to introduce myself. I recently bought and imported a '91 NSX to Abu Dhabi from Canada. It is my daily driver and is a joy once I got the AC sorted. It's a rare car over here in a land where Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and McClarens sightings are a daily occurrence. I'm working through some issues with the ALB and TCS lights at the moment. I'm going to attempt the ALB modulator rebuild from this forum and hopefully that will help. The Honda dealer here doesn't have the ALB test set so that is a problem. Are there any other members here in the UAE at the moment? Are there any shops here or Dubai that are familiar with the NA1 NSX's?
In the meantime I plan on changing the 19/20" wheels with 17/18" so there is less rubbing and hopefully improve the handling in the corners. The engine I will leave alone for now. I look forward to learning more about this awesome car as I accumulate more miles.

Check with Lap57 in Dubai. They work on all Honda's and NSX's also. I think its better to upgarde to new ABS instead.

Welcome and let us see some pictures.

Welcome! Does your car came from Ontario, Canada? This summer I sold a complete taillight set to someone from there who told me he just sold his Nsx to someone from Abu Dhabi. His prior set was tinted and he wants a stock set for the new owner.. If it's you, that's a funny coincidence!

Well done importing your rare car. I have a 91' here in Japan with one of the same problems. The 1st gen. ALB was not very good however the next generation was very good so it is best to swap out the unit to the 2003 or later system. Also I had a dash light continuously on for the rear lights and after months of looking found that the dash panel capacitors had failed. There is a company here in Japan that replaces them plus is able to accurately recalculate the gauges. Have fun with your car.

Back