• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo

NSXPO 2016 has been happening in Orlando (foo bar on that crap town choice) Nov 3-6 and like nothing has come out.

Do they have some kind of embargo going on?

Anyway, things are looking much better for 2017. They just announced that it will be near civilization, in Elkhart Lake, WI September 5-10, 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/nsxca/phot...7363277806092/517879231754494/?type=3&theater

I will have to time the wearing out of the Continentals for that week, and finish them on the track.

NSXPO 2016 has been happening in Orlando (foo bar on that crap town choice) Nov 3-6 and like nothing has come out.

Do they have some kind of embargo going on?

Anyway, things are looking much better for 2017. They just announced that it will be near civilization, in Elkhart Lake, WI September 5-10, 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/nsxca/phot...7363277806092/517879231754494/?type=3&theater

I will have to time the wearing out of the Continentals for that week, and finish them on the track.

You must not check prime or social media much......

RSO, when I went to your pics thread, it shows nothing from you.

The only pics in the thread are Bruce's Alfa.

I don't do Farcebook.

The only pic I have seen is from NSXCA with the big pic of everyone wearing straw hats with 5 Gen 2 cars and what looks like 18 rows of 4 Gen 1 cars.

RSO, when I went to your pics thread, it shows nothing from you.

The only pics in the thread are Bruce's Alfa.

I don't do Farcebook.

The only pic I have seen is from NSXCA with the big pic of everyone wearing straw hats with 5 Gen 2 cars and what looks like 18 rows of 4 Gen 1 cars.

I had 15 of my own pics in that thread before you started yours.

A couple of issues prevented more pics:

1. wifi sucks here
2. my pics are 50-70 mb - EACH!
3. florida hates Verizon so I can't use my personal hot spot to upload pics
4. there is very little time to do any live updating with the schedule and internet issues
5. I gave our Acura reps first access to my pics for their use on their twitter, Instagram, etc accounts before I posted on our sites
6. there are more of my pics on fb since it is an easier upload from phone to fb while "in the field" (many pics on fb are not my "pro" shots but are secondary from my iPhone shot at the same time for instant gratification such as while I am standing in a cage on a lift 15 feet in the air)
7. I did live stream many portions of the event (including hot laps of my student on the track at Sebring while I was in his passenger seat) such as the concours, lectures and track. Due to Acura requirements certain of those videos could not stay up on social media but I was permitted to live stream them (many contain details about the 2017 and Pikes Peak cars that they did not want shared publicly)

14900360_1340303502677059_8883191604670117948_n.jpg

p.s. and you thought this was a "crap town choice" so I figured you wouldn't care to miss it......... :wink:

p.p.s. and although I do appreciate you updating us with your 2017 experience (I am being sincere on this one please don't misinterpret that as being sarcastic), we did have Stewart here with his 2017 including on the track so I was spending more time with him and Ted Klaus to learn first hand his impressions and that took away from my usual pic posting

Last edited:
Then Duncan BC... world class set up I drove it AWESOME

A nice thought but Duncan is about as far away from any population centers as you can get.
And Vancouver is also a long way from the major population centers on the West Coast.
For a successful NSXPO you need a great hotel with secure parking, a track, and about 150 NSX's within reasonable driving distance.
Vancouver has none of those.

I vote for WI becoming the permanent location for NSXPO

Folks are friendly in the MidWest

Now I have join NSXCA and influence the purple lady

Any plan for the NSXPO in Austin? They have a good track there COTA. Or anywhere in Texas. At least we are midway between the East and West. I really would love to go to one. Do you guys transport you vehicle for those living so far from the venue?

Any plan for the NSXPO in Austin? They have a good track there COTA. Or anywhere in Texas. At least we are midway between the East and West. I really would love to go to one. Do you guys transport you vehicle for those living so far from the venue?

A local organizing committee would need to be formed to prepare and submit a bid for Texas. We did Texas in 2002 with Texas Motor Speedway and Texas Motorsports Ranch as a double header track event. COTA unfortunately is prohibitively expense to rent. Our members drive long distances to nsxpos, transport their cars and also fly in and rent cars or get a passenger seat in solos.

COTA is $50k per day and then you need to add corner workers, ambulance, rescue, wreckers, insurance, etc. Even Daytona is "only" $33k per day. (Weekend rates)

Last edited:
welcome...it depends on your schedule and interest...some drive and caravan, others ship.I have done both.Please join the nsxca which is our national owners club that will allow you to attend xpo.

Back