• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsxpo accolades thread

I know how much work and personal sacrifice from our day to day lives planning and executing an nsxpo takes.The SE Florida region did a great job of entertaining the members from around the globe.The club again proved its value by having a strong corporate presence.We had plenty of face time with the Ohio development/marketing team and the pikes peak team.What a pleasure to see new owners enjoying the ability to talk to experts on the new and old nsx.I personally enjoyed my time late night at the pool bar with the Australian ambassador , and I even attempted to speak Japanese ....amazing what a little etoh will enable. :biggrin:.......What a vacation like host hotel...great choice....oh and i still think Ken Sax did it!!!!:wink:

Ken was my navigator in my car leading one of the packs on the Sunday drive. He admitted nothing.

This was my first NSXPO. It exceeded my high expectations . . . by a TON. Fantastic weekend, well done.

Last edited:
Thank you to all those that worked so hard to get this done!!! A great time was had by all!!! And yes, there is no question, Ken Sax did it!!!!!

Congrats on a fantastic NSXPO to Wei Shen and Ole, and all the others on the committee and the volunteers, and of course corporate Honda for the presence of their incredible vehicles! Their hard work and efforts paid off in spades and all attendees owe them a debt of gratitude for what will be an indelible memory in their NSX lives.

Last edited:
Yes what a great event! Well done NSXPO team lead by Wei Shen and Ole. A big thanks from the Australian Embassy to the Texas Boys for the great 2 day trip from Houston, plus everyone who offered lifts in their cars during the event, all Chin Motorsports Team and of course Ted, Peter and Honda for the support they provided to the whole event. Glad docjohn enjoyed the time at the bar, I know the other internationals really enjoyed everyones friendship and hospitality.
See you all next year.

Great to hear everyone had a good time. I wait for the next nsxpo in Northern California...
If so, free wine tastings at some of my vineyard clubs for parties of six.:wink:

I think this year's NSXPO organizers should be criticized for apparently creating such a great event that the attendees were kept too busy having fun to post very many photos the entire time. Of all the NSXPO's I've watched from afar during my six years on NSX prime, this one seemed to have the least amount of photos uploaded online in realtime. :)

Thank you to all involved, especially Wei-Shen, Ole and the rest of the NSXPO 2016 team and volunteers (I would list all of you, but it's almost 4 AM for me).

Thank you to all of the sponsors (from Tier 1 to Tier 4).

Thank you to Acura and Honda and their members that attended.

Great to see/meet everyone (old and new).

Sorry, if I didn't get to meet you or forgot to say hi (there's always next time).

Heaven is for real and it's called NSXPO.

I think this year's NSXPO organizers should be criticized for apparently creating such a great event that the attendees were kept too busy having fun to post very many photos the entire time. Of all the NSXPO's I've watched from afar during my six years on NSX prime, this one seemed to have the least amount of photos uploaded online in realtime. :)

More likely a function of the growing use of Facebook.

More likely a function of the growing use of Facebook.

No, even on facebook & instagram, there were way fewer online photo updates than I recall seeing in past NSXPO's. I didn't mean to suggest only NSXPrime. I don't stay married/glued to either of those social network sites or Prime but nonetheless, I recall seeing less photo updates than the past few years. Hopefully because everyone was having a great time living in the moment and not worrying about their phone so much (we should all do more of that)!

No, even on facebook & instagram, there were way fewer online photo updates than I recall seeing in past NSXPO's. I didn't mean to suggest only NSXPrime. I don't stay married/glued to either of those social network sites or Prime but nonetheless, I recall seeing less photo updates than the past few years. Hopefully because everyone was having a great time living in the moment and not worrying about their phone so much (we should all do more of that)!

We did have a full schedule so real time pic posting was difficult but the difficulty was compounded exponentially since it appears Florida hates Verizon and is an AT&T state. I have Verizon and my cell phone didn't work more often than it did which meant my mobile hot spot didn't work and the hotel wifi was slowwwwwwww. My pics generally are between 25-50mb - EACH! It wasn't practical to try to post and the limited pics I did post were the result of Acura asking for my shots for their social media use first.

Awesome Event - Thanks to everyone! After doing this in the past, I know all too well it is an incredible amount of work. This year was exceptional for sure:).

Regards,
LarryB

We did have a full schedule so real time pic posting was difficult but the difficulty was compounded exponentially since it appears Florida hates Verizon and is an AT&T state. I have Verizon and my cell phone didn't work more often than it did which meant my mobile hot spot didn't work and the hotel wifi was slowwwwwwww. My pics generally are between 25-50mb - EACH! It wasn't practical to try to post and the limited pics I did post were the result of Acura asking for my shots for their social media use first.

Awesome! I just hope everyone knows my post had 0% intention towards any actual complaining, 10% intention towards just saying I missed seeing frequent facebook/instagram updates from attendees who were out having a good time (I did get to see a video of Jake & Peter announcing NSXPO 2017, which was great to see), and 90% intended to be a tongue-in-cheek tip of the hat towards the good time that everyone must have had due to the hard work of the organizers.

Awesome! I just hope everyone knows my post had 0% intention towards any actual complaining, 10% intention towards just saying I missed seeing frequent facebook/instagram updates from attendees who were out having a good time (I did get to see a video of Jake & Peter announcing NSXPO 2017, which was great to see), and 90% intended to be a tongue-in-cheek tip of the hat towards the good time that everyone must have had due to the hard work of the organizers.

I know.

I have "spoiled" everyone over the years by essentially live photo blogging but was surprised at the lack of connectivity in the orlando area.

Well done to everyone!

It was an EPIC time, made even more amazing when you think about the distances people are driving to be with their brothers and sisters in the NSX community who may have never met face to face if not for NSXPO!! I know for myself, I was able to not only meet great FB friends face to face, but also so many new friends as well!! Having met up with Ole early in the week and getting to sit with him in his room and discuss the daunting task(s) he still faced in light of how much had already been done just made me want to be involved THAT MUCH MORE!! 2018 is still open.....the work begins!!!!

Great event put on by some very hard working folks! I posted this on FB and will copy it here for time savings but this was definitely a great event!

Thanks especially to Ole, Wuei-Shen and his entire team at Chin Motorsports. I loved the video track instructions covering each of the 17 turns on the track with tips on how to drive the course. Being able to match this up to the hot laps seeing how the pro drivers drive the course was pretty cool.

(from my FB post)

this is my 2nd NSXPO so relatively still a rookie but it's hard to beat this event where all his planning takes ENORMOUS amount of work that can't be quantified. Having been to about a dozen Bimmerfest and related BWM / s2000 events, this is by far the most organized and classy event. It's one to thing to plan a day event for a car show but quite another to plan a week long event with entertainment and dinners. I loved the Mama's comedy club and will be returning in Dec with the family. Last year I brought the family and my dad was thoroughly shocked by how well the event was run. I had to tell him "most" car events are not like the NSXPO! Thanks again for a super memorable week. Made the SEMA show pale in comparison and so glad I made the rush trip from Vegas to Orlando

A huge thank you to Wei-Shen, Ole and the rest of the NSXPO 2016 team and volunteers for putting together another memorable NSXPO. Everything seemed to happen so smoothly. What a great venue. The host hotel was awesome and catered to all of our needs. The track day was very organized and professionally staffed. And, yes we were kept very busy and entertained. It was great meeting new friends, getting reacquainted with old friends and spending quality time with our overseas guests. It was dark but, the silhouette looked like Ken Sax. I'm sure he did it.

When are the high resolution photos going to be available?

I want to get the awesome picture on the track blown up.

Thanks,

Ken

Back