• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need opinion on wheel fitment

Folks:

Looking at a set of wheels with these specs:
17x8 et30
18x9 et35

With 215/265 tires, would this rub on my car lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit and Bilsteins? Will these be BBK friendly?

Also, I am currently on a set of Volks with these specs:
17x7.5 (+40)
18x9.5 (+40)

Are my Volks BBK friendly?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I am running Advan RGIII (17x8 +38 front and 18x10 +35 rear) with the Bilstein / Tein S.Tech combo. Roughly 1.575" drop in front. I do rub the left front fender liner under hard compression. My Advans are BBK friendly and I have Stoptechs installed front and rear.

What BBK are you looking at? Stoptech has a template you can download to measure wheel offset to determine if they will work.

30 seems like a low et for a stock body nsx...

Curious if my current wheels are BBK friendly then?
17x7.5 (+40)
18x9.5 (+40)

Offset and width are only part of the equation. BBK clearance depends on the specific wheel (offset, width, and design) and the particular BBK. Simply put, you won't know unless someone else has the same exact setup or you have a template that you can use as a guide.

Folks:

Looking at a set of wheels with these specs:
17x8 et30
18x9 et35

With 215/265 tires, would this rub on my car lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit and Bilsteins? Will these be BBK friendly?

Also, I am currently on a set of Volks with these specs:
17x7.5 (+40)
18x9.5 (+40)

Are my Volks BBK friendly?

Thanks.

Compared to your previous front, the 17x8 + 30 will stick out an additional 16mm. Think of it as adding a 15mm spacer to the wheels you have know. Do you think the tire will clear? I would advise against it. For 17x8 wheels, I would suggest a +38 to +40 offset for flushness and drivability.

Compared to the previous rear, the 18x9 +35 will retract 1mm. In my opinion this would not match your proposed front. I suggest keeping your 18x9.5 +40 and even going down to +30 on offset.

Curious if my current wheels are BBK friendly then?
17x7.5 (+40)
18x9.5 (+40)

Offset and width are only part of the equation. BBK clearance depends on the specific wheel (offset, width, and design) and the particular BBK. Simply put, you won't know unless someone else has the same exact setup or you have a template that you can use as a guide.

kennyvb is mostly correct. BBK clearance depends primarily on wheel offset, "disk" type and/or wheel spoke design. As an example, Flat spoked wheels (low concavity) like the BBS LM will have much less caliper clearance than this XXR 522 wheel design of the same width and offset. The 3-Dimensional spoke design of the XXR gives you a lot of clearance for BBKs.
7725216146_0028865a09_b.jpg 181248-aggressive-wheel-fitment-thread-xxr-5222.jpg

I am running Advan RGIII (17x8 +38 front and 18x10 +35 rear) with the Bilstein / Tein S.Tech combo. Roughly 1.575" drop in front. I do rub the left front fender liner under hard compression. My Advans are BBK friendly and I have Stoptechs installed front and rear.

I have the same wheel setup but have now installed wider front fenders and now run a 17x8.5x31 and there is no way that would work with a OEM front fender 38 works well with OEM

Back