• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXcapdes moved to the weekend of Jan.7-8, 2017

I'd take the one you brought to NSXPO, she's seriously good looking and makes you look like you have a modicum of taste which we know you were missing before her and you were dating Dave Fogel.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

Couple of questions:

May I assume the address for the autocross at Lake County Sheriff Training facility is 13000 Frankies Rd Tavares, FL 32778?

And also, while I am not sure I will be able to visit the autocross, are spectators welcome? And if so, if I bring my helmet, may I do ride-alongs? (Before getting involved in HPDE, I instructed at almost as many autocrosses as I have done so track days with Chin Motorsports. :biggrin: )

Couple of questions:

May I assume the address for the autocross at Lake County Sheriff Training facility is 13000 Frankies Rd Tavares, FL 32778?

YOU ARE CORRECT!

And also, while I am not sure I will be able to visit the autocross, are spectators welcome? And if so, if I bring my helmet, may I do ride-alongs? (Before getting involved in HPDE, I instructed at almost as many autocrosses as I have done so track days with Chin Motorsports. :biggrin: )

SPECTATORS, and in your case, ride-alongs are allowed by those instructing (hint)....

I have arranged for several more instructors given the relative lack of autocross experience in the group so we should have plenty. However, any additional help is always welcome and I'm sure there will be technical questions outside of the car which Doug would be most qualified to answer.

Registration for the event is now closed. For those who have registered this will be a ton of FUN!
I am a little disappointed at the turnout of NSXCA members but it is what it is. I have filled the roster with other interested friends and car buddies so there will be a great group of cars and people there! Same with the dinner Saturday, drive and lunch on Sunday.

Last edited:
SPECTATORS, and in your case, ride-alongs are allowed by those instructing (hint)....

I have arranged for several more instructors given the relative lack of autocross experience in the group so we should have plenty. However, any additional help is always welcome and I'm sure there will be technical questions outside of the car which Doug would be most qualified to answer.

Awesome, thanks, Wei-Shen, for the prompt response. I am still not sure I'll be able to visit the autocross, but I'll try. Thanks. So looking forward to this weekend, see you all soon.

I am a little disappointed at the turnout of NSXCA members but it is what it is. I have filled the roster with other interested friends and car buddies so there will be a great group of cars and people there! Same with the dinner Saturday, drive and lunch on Sunday.

Could just be proximity to the holiday and NSXPO. Sounds great other folks will be there!

We are contemplating using a phone conference service (no charge to any participant) to communicate during the Sunday country drive. Those of you participating in the Sunday country drive, please indicate whether you have hands-free capability to use your phone as a communication device while we enjoy the hills and sights of central Florida. We might use this in lieu of or as a complement to two-way radios. Thanks.

Dear NSXers.

Lunch menu at JB Boondocks will consist of a choice of either...

Howey Burger
Chicken Salad wrap
Fish po-boy

No need to decide before Sunday Jan.8...just an FYI. Given the one day of winter that will arrive on my birthday, we will be eating inside!

Wei-Shen

I have hands free. And what time is the banquet in the hotel? Kids soccer tournament might be running late....

We are contemplating using a phone conference service (no charge to any participant) to communicate during the Sunday country drive. Those of you participating in the Sunday country drive, please indicate whether you have hands-free capability to use your phone as a communication device while we enjoy the hills and sights of central Florida. We might use this in lieu of or as a complement to two-way radios. Thanks.

No problem on the hands free.

Special thanks to Wei-Shen and everyone else responsible for organizing NSXCapades this past weekend. As usual, had fun! Thanks again.

Back