• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need an NSX mechanic in Charlotte NC

Its me again, Mario from California. I have a new mechanical problem, a small problem this time. The front portion of the plastic cover strip that runs along the center of the car's undercharge has come loose and is dragging on the pavement. Does anyone know if there is an NEX mechanic her in Charlotte NC? It needs to go on a lift to be able to get to the plastic strip to refasten it, tie it off or cut off the loose part!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey Mario,
Do you still have your jack in the trunk?
You should be able to access that plastic lower floor cover if you jack up one side of the car.
It is held on by 9 small 10mm bolts, 4 on each side and 1 towards the front.
You might have lost a bolt or two towards the front of the cover, or the cover got ripped from the car somehow, hence it hanging and dragging.
Your best bet might be to remove the cover for now, depending on why it came undone.

-jason

Its me again, Mario from California. I have a new mechanical problem, a small problem this time. The front portion of the plastic cover strip that runs along the center of the car's undercharge has come loose and is dragging on the pavement. Does anyone know if there is an NEX mechanic her in Charlotte NC? It needs to go on a lift to be able to get to the plastic strip to refasten it, tie it off or cut off the loose part!

Thanks in advance!

See if you can get in touch with Michael / [MENTION=18770]MC36[/MENTION]. He's located in Charlotte and might be able to help you out.

I have a lift in my garage about an hour and a half north of Charlotte in Madison outside Greensboro, NC
Thanks TomCat. I ended up going to my stepson's mechanic. He zip tied the loose part and it will hold till I get back to California! The best part was they not charge me for the work!

Last edited:
Back