• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Air conditioning fan

Whenever I use the air conditioning and the fan comes on ( frequently,I live in Florida),it makes a racket. It has done this for years, and the air otherwise runs great. The Acura dealer told me that I need a new ac compressor, but I'm having trouble with that. Is the fan easy to replace?

There's 4 fans. Aspirator/cabin sensor fan, evaporator/blower fan, and 2 condenser fans. Which fan is making noise?

That's where the blower fan is. Removal is an easy diy after battery removal. It may just need a cleaning and a little lubrication. If the noise you here is in the heat mode as well, it's def the blower fan.
Correction, I thought you said from the front of the passenger seat. Sounds like a compressor probably.

Last edited:
Sorry, front passenger seat

What year is your NSX?
If it's an early coupe the compressors start to fail after 22 years or so.
If it's a noise from behind the seats in the engine are it's the compressor as Jinks says.
It's a major job to replace it so if you need to do that might as well convert to 134a replace the dryer and so on.

Back