• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Niguel Motors

Rex

Registered Member
Thanks to LMR and Aero Z for recommending Ramon at Niguel Motors in Laguna Hills. And a gigantic thanks to Ramon, who replaced the timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, alt and ac belts, changed the engine oil, trans and brake fluid, adjusted the valves, replaced the struts and lowered my 2000 NSX for the same price my Acura dealer wanted for just replacing the timing belt.

In order to reduce wheel well gappage, I switched to 17"/18" several years ago, which helped a lot but didn't entirely eliminate the problem. Ramon recommended installing Bilsteins on the lowest stop, which dropped the car about an inch and did the trick... looks great and lower center of gravity makes it feel really rooted.

He had 3 or 4 NSX's there when I dropped my car off and about 7 different ones when I picked it up. Great guy, loves NSX's, has owned 9 of them, and loves working on them. Ramon is clearly The Man when it comes to Gen 1 repairs and mods.

Yes, indeed! Ramon is the only one I'll have work on my hottie car. I trust him 100% and enjoy going to his shop. He's also a wonderful human being.

Oh, and he also takes care of my Honda S2000 and Crosstour.

Last edited:
His email has not worked for a while and he rarely checked it anyways. Post here when you want it done and we will get him the info.

LMR, my 300k mile service is due and I also need a new clutch. How much do you think it will cost? I need a replacement for my Carbonetics Triple Carbon. My car is a CTSC high boost setup. Thanks!

LMR, my 300k mile service is due and I also need a new clutch. How much do you think it will cost? I need a replacement for my Carbonetics Triple Carbon. My car is a CTSC high boost setup. Thanks!

You will need to call Ramon. 949-348-2476

Was just there this morning for annual maintenance check. Everything was prefect. Great service, speed and price. Drove over two hours each way and well worth it.

In another thread you stated that your stock engine has been CTSC'ed for 200k miles, with 85k miles at high boost. But your car has 300k miles?! So does that mean the CTSC was installed at 100k miles, and you decided to up the boost at 215k miles?! That's wildly impressive!

Was just there this morning for annual maintenance check. Everything was prefect. Great service, speed and price. Drove over two hours each way and well worth it.

Way to go JC. I was at my daughter's house YESTERDAY 1/3. (she lives on top of the hill above Ramon's shop)

In another thread you stated that your stock engine has been CTSC'ed for 200k miles, with 85k miles at high boost. But your car has 300k miles?! So does that mean the CTSC was installed at 100k miles, and you decided to up the boost at 215k miles?! That's wildly impressive!

It was boosted at about 67k miles. At the 200k mile mark, Autowave upgraded it to the "high boost" option. So, it's been CTSC'd for about 220k miles.

I'm currently looking for a smaller pulley. I want just a bit more powah!

Last edited:
Ramon took care of the rear brakes on my 2015 Honda Crosstour last Tuesday. He is the only one I want working on my four Hondas and he has:
2005 LBBP NSX, 2007 S2000, 2015 Crosstour and 2017 AWD Pilot.

Has anyone heard of Sergio that used to work on NSX at South Bay

Sergio is currently at Acura of Montclair and was wondering if the forum has heard of this guy. He said he has been working on NSX's for over 20 years

Sergio is currently at Acura of Montclair and was wondering if the forum has heard of this guy. He said he has been working on NSX's for over 20 years

^Do you mean to say that YOU are wondering if the forum has heard of Sergio? :confused:

If so, I haven't but I always go to Ramon.

where did he work before?

we had one 'certified NSX tech' who did work on the side in Socal a few years back. he scammed some folks here and disappeared.

Back