• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What to Expect for your First Time NSXPO?

Next year I and another owner (RBILDER) from Nebraska will be attending our very first NSXPO. What should we expect when we get there? Is there things we should do/try? Things not to do? I am really excited to go. Probably have not been this excited since I purchased my NSX. Do most people drive straight there or do you guys take detours and make a fun road trip out of it? Estimated how much should I budget for during this trip? I am highly considering doing the track days. I have not been to a driving school in almost 10 years and that was in a FWD Saturn ION Redline at Road Atlanta. I would love to learn to drive the NSX at speeds at Road America. I know I asked some questions in the following thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/198758-Thank-you-from-a-first-time-NSXPO-attendee but I wanted to start my own to answer any specific questions myself, Rod (RBILDER) or any other first timers going next year may have.

Last edited:
Try everything we have planned and just enjoy the event!

This includes the track days where we will assign an instructor to help you develop as a driver. Attend the tech sessions to learn more about your car. Enjoy the visit to Real Time Racing with Peter Cunningham. Meet other owners from around the world and enjoy all things NSX.

Many people take extended road trips along the way so that option is up to you. Allow 5 days for the event plus any travel days.

I just went to my first NSXPO. If you look overwhelmed, there are plenty of folks to make you feel welcome. Definitely do the track day. It will make you appreciate the track car that the NSX really is. Plenty of social events to meet people. Merely hanging out in the hotel parking lot was the best way to learn about others and their cars.

I can guarantee a good time. Hope to meet you next year, I plan to attend!

I echo Bobs thoughts..the only other consideration you may have is whether to bring a companion....If that person is more interested in you than the car culture, you may need to alter your behavior/activities to attend to your guest....but we do offer alternative non car related side activities for guests...

Also, I think it helps to be on the Facebook nsx prime page. So when you go you will actually be able to recognize people. Everyone I recognized I went straight to and said hello. Everyone was so friendly that it made it easy to find your "group". I had my wife with me, so I didn't get to join he groups as often, but it was still a great time.

Expect to come home feeling like you did after summer camp as a kid, with possibly 72 hours of withdrawal and mental recovery. Warn your significant other that you may drive her or him a little batty for a day or two recounting what you saw and did and who you met :) Seriously. It was kind of cool to feel that feeling again 35 years later.

Expect to come home feeling like you did after summer camp as a kid, with possibly 72 hours of withdrawal and mental recovery. Warn your significant other that you may drive her or him a little batty for a day or two recounting what you saw and did and who you met :) Seriously. It was kind of cool to feel that feeling again 35 years later.

THIS. I'm not fully recovered, though, especially from the track day.

I also agree with [MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION]. Bring family only if a) they are interested in cars, b) if you intend to pack your wife off for the alternate adventures, or c) they expect not to see you for 72 hours. I did not bring my family because I wanted to maximize my time with other owners. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the replies. My wife will not be joining me on this adventure. From the way things sound it seems maybe one or two other owners that I have met personally here in NE will be driving up with me. I am really looking forward to this. I will be putting a lot of miles on the NSX this upcoming Fall. Between NSXPO at the beginning of September, then taking the NSX down to Atlanta for the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta then immediately after going to the FL keys. How much should I have budgeted for this(estimated)?

I went to my first NSXPO at Orlando. I've only had my NSX for a year, but I've made efforts locally and on social media to try and get familiar with people throughout that year. So it helped that I already knew a few people, a couple local, and a couple from social media, that I could easily socialize with. Outside of that, everyone was super friendly so just make efforts to talk to people and you'll have an absolute blast.

I went in thinking I would have time to do some other things, like photoshoots, maybe going to the amusement park or something else and maybe relax a bit. Boy was I wrong. The guys putting on NSXPO *PACKED* those days in with as much as possible. It was really non-stop awesomeness from the second I arrived. So, do everything you can that's on the schedule. It'll be exhausting but so worth it. Get your rest before expo, you'll need that energy.

Do the track day. Chin Motorsports put on a great program. Since entry is limited, this means lots of track time almost to yourself. Drive within your limits, be smart and keep your eyes out for yourself and others. Couple spins at Sebring, but everyone drove home extremely happy.

The registration fee covered damn near everything that I did aside from the track day. So the most money I spent was just on gas. Food was pretty much all covered, entertainment was covered, hotel was very accommodating. So all in all, the trip was worth every single penny spent and I didn't spend as much as I thought I would while there.

I'm looking forward to making next year. I never take time off from work and I did for this, it was worth it. I'll be making sure I can make it happen again, it's the only time off I really get away from work and it's worth it.

I went to my first NSXPO at Orlando. I've only had my NSX for a year, but I've made efforts locally and on social media to try and get familiar with people throughout that year. So it helped that I already knew a few people, a couple local, and a couple from social media, that I could easily socialize with. Outside of that, everyone was super friendly so just make efforts to talk to people and you'll have an absolute blast.

I went in thinking I would have time to do some other things, like photoshoots, maybe going to the amusement park or something else and maybe relax a bit. Boy was I wrong. The guys putting on NSXPO *PACKED* those days in with as much as possible. It was really non-stop awesomeness from the second I arrived. So, do everything you can that's on the schedule. It'll be exhausting but so worth it. Get your rest before expo, you'll need that energy.

Do the track day. Chin Motorsports put on a great program. Since entry is limited, this means lots of track time almost to yourself. Drive within your limits, be smart and keep your eyes out for yourself and others. Couple spins at Sebring, but everyone drove home extremely happy.

The registration fee covered damn near everything that I did aside from the track day. So the most money I spent was just on gas. Food was pretty much all covered, entertainment was covered, hotel was very accommodating. So all in all, the trip was worth every single penny spent and I didn't spend as much as I thought I would while there.

I'm looking forward to making next year. I never take time off from work and I did for this, it was worth it. I'll be making sure I can make it happen again, it's the only time off I really get away from work and it's worth it.

Oh yea, this is exactly right! And just 10 months away. :cool:

http://www.roadamerica.com/track.html

Try everything we have planned and just enjoy the event!

This includes the track days where we will assign an instructor to help you develop as a driver. Attend the tech sessions to learn more about your car. Enjoy the visit to Real Time Racing with Peter Cunningham. Meet other owners from around the world and enjoy all things NSX.

Many people take extended road trips along the way so that option is up to you. Allow 5 days for the event plus any travel days.

About how much track time do people get? Are there different run groups, broken down by experience level?

About how much track time do people get? Are there different run groups, broken down by experience level?

Run groups are broken down by experience. Novices have instructors ride along in the passenger seat. This year with the track length we had two groups - novices and solo drivers (including instructors). Novices had 4 sessions totaling over 2 hours of track time. Solos/instructors had approximately 3 hours over 4 sessions.

This last one was my third NSXPO (would have been my forth but, I opted to go to Japan for NSX Fiesta last year) and every one was different and amazing. I visited Milwaukee and Road America in July and I can tell you it's a great place to have NSXPO. Road America is one the most beautiful tracks in the country. And, The small community of Elkhart Lake is a little drinking town with a racing problem. It's beautiful there. They will do a great job organizing the next event. I expect that once again there will be several cars heading up from Texas.

..........plus all the member hook ups!.......you never know ........:tongue:

Back