• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who wants to drive the 2017 NSX on a small track?

Me - that's who! Just booked 3 laps at Summit's 1 mile track. I know, pretty wimpy "track", but hey it beats a normal test drive and I have been itching to open this car up for quite a while now.

Cost including insurance is $250, which isn't bad. That takes advantage of a 35% sale for Black Friday using the code "BLACKFRIDAYVIP". If you want, you can try to save an additional $25 off this referral code too: http://xtremexperience.refr.cc/64CTGJL that should get me $15 in "track dollars" which I think is code word for discount on photos that I don't really want.

Tracks are located throughout the country, so I figured I would share for anyone who might be interested. I know that people may say "I have a friend who is getting one" or " XYZ dealership will let me take it for a drive" - but it is pretty different when you are renting the damn thing - your concern for babying it goes out the window and you can really get the tires squealing!

http://www.thextremexperience.com/supercars/acura-nsx/

Thanks! Reserved for near my locale. May add on the R8 just for a comparison.

Thanks! Reserved for near my locale. May add on the R8 just for a comparison.

I did it 2 years ago with the Ferrari 458 at a similar price (had a blast by the way) and at the day of they were offering discounts for the less popular cars like the R8 so there is a good shot you can cut a deal if you go there. Seems like most people go for the big name brand Ferrari, leaving the porches and audis to the sidelines.

wow 83$/mile...:eek:

poo! stop being so rationale about this!

but yes - it is pretty pricey. Its like 21% of the cost of the floor and trunk mats for the car :p

Well, 3 laps is about 6-7 minutes total driving? It's not a bad price actually. Are there any other hidden fees? Like tipping or anything?

Well, 3 laps is about 6-7 minutes total driving? It's not a bad price actually. Are there any other hidden fees? Like tipping or anything?

ok lets look at your way......2,790.0$/hour.......:eek:

If it takes you 6-7 minutes to do 3 laps on a 1.1 mile, 7 turn track with a 1500 foot straight then you're doing it wrong and not pushing a 2017 NSX (or any car for that matter on a track). I had a rental Charger on the track at Sebring at NSXPO and was doing 3 minute laps on a 3.7 mile road course.

I do 1:05 laps in my '96 at lime rock and that is a 1.5 miler.

Last edited:
If it takes you 6-7 minutes to do 3 laps on a 1.1 mile, 7 turn track with a 1500 foot straight then you're doing it wrong and not pushing a 2017 NSX (or any car for that matter on a track). I had a rental Charger on the track at Sebring at NSXPO and was doing 3 minute laps on a 3.7 mile road course.

haha , ok more like 5000.$/hour....

I do 1:05 laps in my '96 at lime rock and that is a 1.5 miler.

I looked at the video and thought the guy was taking 2 minutes per lap on the track. I didn't realize the track was that small.

Pricey, yes, especially when you consider that $289 got me four sessions around Sebring, with an instructor, lasting a full day, at NSXPO this month. (Thanks, Chin Motorsports, for the excellent deal!)

Still sounds pretty fun, though. It could be worth it if they let me take my NSX around the course, too. I'm sure they'd let me (for a small additional fee). Yes, I've now been bitten by the track bug. Dammit.

Last edited:
Back