• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pricing

Starting to look at the new NSX now.. have seen a couple on the floor of dealers, most have quite a bit of carbon pieces adding to the cost. That said, does anyone know what these are selling at right now? MSRP still? One has a "market adjustment". I just have not seen the popularity of these cars needing a market adjustment right now. am I wrong on that?

It is really a beautiful car.

My experience - May 1999, the Zanardi (50 cars) was introduced at NSXPO and big dealer ADMs.

By November 1999 they couldn't give them away -$10K ($87K MSRP).

Great cars but limited interest.

Time is on your side.

Thanks, been thinking that prices might come down through the winter. Seems like folks are paying right around MSRP now?

I will reach out to The Kid although it looks like the timing may have passed.

Thanks, been thinking that prices might come down through the winter. Seems like folks are paying right around MSRP now?

I will reach out to The Kid although it looks like the timing may have passed.

I spoke to "The Kid" today, regarding just "catching up". We spoke of the new NSX, give him a call, he can definitely "hook you up"!!!!

Thanks for all the notes and PMs, working to reply to them now. Went to drive the NSX, the 570, and a 2014 458 yesterday. Went in 99% sure that the NSX was going to win, just wanted to make sure I did the due diligence. Unfortunately I am now more confused. The NSX again looked stunning and if I pick it, the Valencia Red with Carbon roof is going to be the winner. That said the 570GT in white was out of this world and the Ferrari had a sensation that couldn't be matched.

As I read in another review, the NSX is very quick but it did so with limited drama. The 570 and 458 put down the power with a bit of terror and noise that drove a ton of excitement. The NSX put down power very smoothly but just didn't feel as quick. I recognize the numbers say it is, just didn't feel it or sound like it.

Net, I am still trying to figure out what the plan is going to be. I still really like the NSX and do believe that over 16 years it could be the most reliable (the car will be kept forever, just like the 2000 has been) but the other two did seem to offer something. Was ready to pull trigger until those two entered the picture...

More to come

As I read in another review, the NSX is very quick but it did so with limited drama. The 570 and 458 put down the power with a bit of terror and noise that drove a ton of excitement. The NSX put down power very smoothly but just didn't feel as quick. I recognize the numbers say it is, just didn't feel it or sound like it.

It is my (admittedly limited) understanding that the Ferrari and the NSX come at the driving experience very differently. The Ferrari is about thrills - noise, throttle response, steering response all come together to create excitement. Much like a skittish prancing horse, the car has that level of energy. Journalists and other media types seem to really love this sense of nearly out of control craziness that the Ferrari delivers as do many drivers. I think that is great and can understand how you can take your Ferrari out for a quick spin on windy roads and come back with your nerves tingling.

I believe the NSX is a different experience, it is more of an engineer's car. It does what it does very well and with confidence that gives you a sense of assurance. It is a predictable car - you turn the wheel and it does exactly what you expect, same with the throttle and braking. That can be a very rewarding thing if you know what you want out of a car, or you intend to drive it for more than just a brief spin around your neighborhood.

Which one is for you is a personal choice. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by getting behind the wheel, now just think about how you want to use the car long term.

just my two cents

I have had numerous Ferraris and the service will drive you nuts. From what I have heard the McLarens are actually worse. If you are going to keep it "forever" it is a no brainer, get the NSX. On a day in and day out basis you will REALLY appreciate the Japenese reliability. That's why I bought an LFA! Best decision I ever made. I appreciate it more and more every day. Built like an engineers, solid, reliable billet of incredible excitement. I think the NSX will generate the same feelings.

I echo that sentiment

I had a deposit on an LFA way back when and then dropped out due to my better half being sensitive about how loud it would be.

The NSX is a blast every day and appears to be a worry free experience (except for the low nose, same for the LFA).

I just saw an LFA ring edition at a local storage garage. Poor car never gets used.

thanks... working things through. Some potential to just keep the old NSX, still looks amazing and offers the sound and excitement albeit not quite the kick in the pants acceleration. Getting cold here in Chicago now so not in a huge rush.

It is funny how sometimes newer is not better.

Kevin

I just rec'd my #516 NSX down here in Florida a week ago. I got the 2nd one @ my dealership and paid MSRP even though they wanted a $15k market adj price. I am also a previous owner of a Ferrari 360 & 430 and I understand your excitement with the ride & sound on the 458.. I had a chance to get the 488 GTB over the NSX a year earlier, but I chose the NSX instead based on the fact that I want to drive a sports car more frequently, not have to worry about the miles and to have a ride that doesn't becomes uncomfortable after long drives. I feel like Ferrari's are good up until the 10k mile mark and then you better be ready to move on to something else before you start having problems. I love the NSX, its absolutely gorgeous in person, the most comfortable sports car I've ever driven and gives different drives modes that make sense for how I want drive the car any given moment. I never looked at the Mclaren because I just don't like the way they look & the closest dealership is over an hr away if I had issues. So I think it just depends on how often you expect to drive the car and what experience you expect to get out of it.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Hopefully these pics are attached ok, I just signed up f/ NSX Prime a couple of days ago even though I've been following everyone's stories for awhile! I'm based out of Sarasota & was fortunate to work w/ the local dealership to get the car. When I picked up the car last week, they said their 3rd one is spoken for & should arrive in March but they also expect to get a 4th one by the end of 17 that is not spoken f/ yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 2,588
  • IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,568
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,564
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 2,565
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 2,542
Beautiful color combo. Nice to see it in a "normal" garage. :smile:
Hope I'll get to see this around town.

I love the standard wheels, they're not flashy and the Y-spokes open the perfect amount of gaps to expose the painted calipers and ceramic brakes. I ended up going with them after seeing the NSX on Jay Leno's garage on Youtube. The designer, Michelle Christensen, explained that the standard wheels were the lightest among all of the wheel options and was best suited for the NSX ride.

... The NSX again looked stunning and if I pick it, the Valencia Red with Carbon roof is going to be the winner. ...

If you go with Valencia, go for a contrasting color for the brake caliper. Black is the better option as the silver may turn into a gold color if you track it and heat soak the brakes. Red callipers won't look right on a red car because they are a different shade and cannot be matched to Valencia red.

Overall, I love the new car but it's best to be prudent when optioning it.

I wanted to change the oil in my NSX, so I called my local Dealer, they wanted $34.95 for the filter, so I called Hertrich Acura in New Castle Delaware, they had one for $22.
I went there with the NSX. (It was beautiful in the east today)
The dealership is being remodeled, so it took me a little driving to find where to go. The NSX salesman saw me.

He came to me, asking me if I had interest in the new one,I said , yes, but I'm not ready yet. He said they really need to move the 2 they have.

They have 2, both sitting in a service shop they are sharing with the Hyundai shop next door while their shop is being remodeled. They are squeezed in there.
One is black thet was ordered but the customer got sick and can no longer take it. The other is white.

The point of this long winded story is; there are 2 in New Castle Delaware that I am certain can be had for less than MSRP.

Hope this helps someone who is ready to pull the trigger.
http://www.hertrichacura.com/

PM me if you would like more info on my conversation, or would like me to deliver the car to you free of charge.

Back