• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

just the one year deal for Bottas..... what have they got up their sleeves then?

also Vettel and Alonso off contract then so leaving options open in case Bottas sucks in the seat against Hamilton

Agreed good point.....But keep in mind that those Boys would be expensive compare to Pascal.....anyway we'll see in 2018.

I think given a good Car Bottas will do well at Mech, although he was Hot and Cold in the Williams, or should I say Williams was Hot and Cold.

Bram

more rubber meeting the road this year should increase corner speeds a smidgen....will be interesting to see the times at Monaco

so Ross Brawn got tired of fishing....

maybe Jensen will go corporate:wink:

good thing i have Supercross to entertain my racing needs until MotoGP/WSBK and F1 start back up... :biggrin:

I thought I read that you were back home "down under" for a bit. There is the 12hrs of Bathurst to look forward to this weekend! I would love to see a V8 Supercup or 12 hours at Mount Panorama in person.

i'd highly recommend going to Mount Panorama some time. you wanna be there in October for the 1000.

the Aussie V8's are fantastic machines to drive and watch...

McLaren Honda team boss is out - Jost Capito leaves after just 5 months.

A McLaren spokesman said: "Regrettably, we have not been able to find common ground on what is and will be needed to make the team successful again."

Sources close to Capito say he had not been working day-to-day at the company since early December but had remained formally an employee. He has only recently agreed departure terms.

Does not bode well for McLaren Honda F1.

here's hoping the new rules will help them catch up a bit.

i was so excited when i heard of this pairing, but it's only been three long years of dismal results...

We are a month away from the first race! It can't come soon enough.

McLaren is a bit confused, and sadly I suspect Ferrari is as well.

No more Bernie. It will be interesting to see where F1 goes in the next few years. Bernie has done a great job making money and promoting the sport. I don't agree with him selling out the races to the highest bidder / best organized crime connection.

I believe in narrower tires, smaller engines, less engine regulations, and less wing / larger frontal area. Slow the cars down, bring refueling back, possibly even a spec, steel brake disc / rotor. As much as I like truly open cockpits, add the halo, and open up the survival cell a little. A photo of Fangio is in the men's head at a local restaurant, talk about an open cockpit.

car launches next week and testing the monday after....

2017 car launches
February 20: Sauber C36, Online
February 21: Renault RS17, London
February 22: Force India VJM10, Silverstone
February 23: Mercedes W08, Silverstone
February 24: Ferrari, Fiorano
February 24: McLaren MCL32, Woking
February 26: Red Bull RB13, Online
February 26: Toro Rosso STR12, Barcelona
February 26: Haas VF17, Online

Barcelona testing schedule
Circuit de Catalunya