• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

Wonder how well he will be able to adjust to the new cars based sorely on simulator work and the 3 FP sessions at Monaco.

Very curious as well to see how the triathlete does..... considering a much younger guy has sat out 2 races because he was not fit enough:rolleyes:

Just read it. Makes a lot of sense. Still bugs the hell out of me why everyone is taking it so lightly. The man needs more serious familiarization with the intensity and crowdy track that is the Indy 500. If he miserably fails or God forbids, hurts himself, his legacy already smudged by 2-3 years of running in mediocrity will suffer more. Even the great Shumacher with 7 world titles will also be remembered by some for his mediocre 3 last years at Mercedes. Fingers crossed for him!

well he seems to have shrugged off that horrific crash last year....what a death defying ride that was....:eek:

yeah that Honda power plant really sucks big time, and no end in sight to them ever getting their shit together

talk about frustration for Alonso. :frown:

it's really hard to believe Honda sucks this much, it's quite unbelievable...

Brundle (I think it was him) pointed out how smart of McLaren to "distract" Alonso with Indy500 while Honda is putting their act together and coming up with updated unit.

They updated the PU from 2015 till the end of 2016. This year they've basically started with an all new design, in an effort to bridge the gap to Mercedes and now Ferrari. Hence the first year blues, all over again.

Honda really need to pull the proverbial out, and fast, because their already tarnished reputation will take an even bigger hit. IMHO they need to get it very right by the end of the season, or its too late for them (and us).

During the broadcast SkyF1 said the Alonso's car was 10 mph slower than the fastest car.. emberassing!

I was more disappointed about the Flying Dutchman crashing.

Looks like the championship may be a 2 driver, 2 team race this year! It would appear the Ferrari car is just a tick slower in qualifying, but has the legs during the race, including tire wear. Vettel looks to be enjoying the car this year, definitely better than last year's boat anchor.

Looks like the championship may be a 2 driver, 2 team race this year! It would appear the Ferrari car is just a tick slower in qualifying, but has the legs during the race, including tire wear. Vettel looks to be enjoying the car this year, definitely better than last year's boat anchor.
3 drivers, 2 teams ;)

We call him Snowman. Maybe Snowman will replace Iceman at Ferrari next year and Max will move to Merc and give Lewis a real hard time for a couple of years. One can dream.....I still think Max will be a real threat this year especially if Renault continues to improve the powertrain.

i think Bottas will be up front, along with Max and Daniel when the RB is running well. should be a good year...

p.s. hell, it's the first time in years that Merc isn't leading the championship and running away.

Honda really need to pull the proverbial out, and fast, because their already tarnished reputation will take an even bigger hit. IMHO they need to get it very right by the end of the season, or its too late for them (and us).

During the broadcast SkyF1 said the Alonso's car was 10 mph slower than the fastest car.. emberassing!

i think Honda's reputation is now a joke at best, as far as F1 goes. the damage has been done.

10 mph slower, and they can't keep an engine running to finish a race in 12th. enough said...

Bottas obeyed team orders in Bahrain, Hamilton ignored them last year. I'm not sure that Hamilton will give him any quarter even if he is faster and racing for a win.

I think Hamilton's prima donna act is part of why Rosberg retired; just didn't want to deal with driving alongside Hamilton.

Bottas obeyed team orders in Bahrain, Hamilton ignored them last year. I'm not sure that Hamilton will give him any quarter even if he is faster and racing for a win.

I think Hamilton's prima donna act is part of why Rosberg retired; just didn't want to deal with driving alongside Hamilton.
True. All I'm saying Bottas may not need team orders at all. As long as he's faster and on better strategy (luck etc). We shall see what happens.

Back