• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

Great racing, and I agree that Force India blew it, they could have been on the Third step.....Ocon was way faster than Perez, yet he did not want to move over.

It was amazing to see how Merc was able to dial in their car during the course of the 2 FP sessions on Friday...the F cars where fast and planted from the first session.

Lewis and Merc were unbeatable this weekend.

Bram

Last edited:
I have to wonder if they really want to do hybrid since Indy car isn't hybrid. Plus the industry ( right or wrong) seems headed to electric / self driving vehicles. Maybe F1 will go the way of indy car.

Sure sounds like Honda is posed to take that Team over, as a full factory Team.

Pretty cheap too, as Sauber does not have any sponsors.

Bram

Personally I think Honda buying the Sauber team would be a huge mistake, unless they had Brawn to run it!

Kaltenborn's departure had nothing to do with a possible buy out, but rather a difference in opinion on how to run the team with the new owners. It doesn't argue well for Honda having a reasonable team to use their PU with, especially if McLaren dump them, and boy do they deserve to be dumped............

Alonso has had too many 9'th inning engine failures...and he does pretty well to keep up the momentum with his gp2 engines..

McLaren will probably turbocharge a Prius engine and do just as well! maybe better? :biggrin:
unfortunately you are correct, I still don't see a divorce happening I think they are too far in. On a positive note the test engine they ran today got up there in the speed trap still not enough but faster

Back