• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

That's OK, we are beating up on Pakistan at the moment. ��
and us bastards :wink:

Bottas deal looking more likely; http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...-interest-in-bottas-means-for-f1-2017-859915/

"Williams negotiationsHowever, for Williams, it was never going to be a question of a simple discount on the engine deal, and hand over its star driver, which is why discussions are still ongoing. The team has to perform on the track, and not just in the stock exchange. As such, any financial inducement has to be significant enough for the team to be able to show that the extra funding will ultimately make the car faster.Apart from cash, what else can Mercedes offer? As an added incentive it could release Paddy Lowe, who appears destined to move to Williams, from any gardening leave commitments. Having Lowe on board with no time lag, perhaps even before the start of next season, would be a huge boost for the Grove team. That may be one of the cards that Wolff had to play in the coming days."

I didn't realize toto holds the line....as an agent or manager for Botas...

You can't remove the Architect (Ron D) from McLaren and expect that team to move forward anytime soon. They have been behind the 8 ball since switching to Honda power unit and knowing that he Ron is gone the focus is gone on the racing team.
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge McLaren and Honda fan, but I don't see that team recovering anytime soon.

Bram

You can't remove the Architect (Ron D) from McLaren and expect that team to move forward anytime soon. They have been behind the 8 ball since switching to Honda power unit and knowing that he Ron is gone the focus is gone on the racing team.
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge McLaren and Honda fan, but I don't see that team recovering anytime soon.

Bram

Not sure your logic is sound. McLaren have been on a downward spiral since about 2012 [hence why Hamilton jumped ship]. Denis being dumped could be a good thing, if the right people are hired to shore up McLaren's weaknesses. The technical team seem to be turning it around, and with the huge change in regulations for 2017 any one of the top teams can jump up and grab an advantage. Whether McLaren can do it [in unison with Honda of course] well we will have to wait and see.

That first test session in 2017 will be one of anticipation and trepidation in equal measure for me.

You're are correct about 2012, this was when the MP412C was about to Launch.....my point being that Ron, was focus on the road car operations, not the racing team.
There maybe a Some big changes coming in 2017, but I don't think McLaren is going to be at the pointy end of the grid.....we see in less that 3 months.

Bram

Capito may have been appointed by Ron but he still has some cred from what he has done before, must be blood all over the place at present wondering who is next
Williams will give Bottas to Merc and get some tech in return hopefully and move them up the field to combat the RB threat for some more Merc domination next year

Report on Planet F1, indicates that Honda have redesigned their Powerunit for the 2017 season, including new ICE, turbo and batteries, let's hope this will help McHonda campaign this year.

Bram

Autosport reporting the Lowe has left Mercedes, with his move to Williams imminent. I must admit to being surprised that they would shake up such a successful team so readily, even if James Anderson is expected to take his place. I would love to know the full story behind it all? Another case of Wolfe wanting more of the credit??

Autosport reporting the Lowe has left Mercedes, with his move to Williams imminent. I must admit to being surprised that they would shake up such a successful team so readily, even if James Anderson is expected to take his place. I would love to know the full story behind it all? Another case of Wolfe wanting more of the credit??

I think it's James Allison ?
I read Lowe was fed up with trying to manage Lewis and getting no support from Wolfe or Lauda

now we're just waiting on Paddy to buy into Williams to complete the deal

Back