• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tail Of The Dragon photos

As promised, here are my photos from the famous Tail Of The Dragon highway in North Carolina. I would have never known about it but Les told me that while I was that far east, I should check it out. Well Mario and I did so right after NSXPO. If you want, look it up. It's US route 129 and has 318 curves in 11 miles. Actually, there is a stretch of about 25 miles that is really good but the actual Tail Of The Dragon is only 11.
We left from the hotel in Orlando, and then went north into Georgia. We stayed in Atlanta and then continued north into North Carolina. We did the "Tail" from East to West and then back again. We also stopped at a gift shop and at the Topoco Lodge where we had a great lunch. On the way back east, we ran into one of the many fires that have plagued the south east lately. We had seen and smelled smoke all the way through northern Georgia but this time, we actually got close to the fire and were diverted around the area.
At that point, the Cano's and I split up and I continued east to Fort Bragg. I wanted to see the home of the 82nd Airborne and so I spent a few hours there. Then I headed back to the "Tail" again and by this time, the fire had spread a bit so I again diverted around that particular area but still was able to visit the Topoco Lodge again and run the "Tail" another time. After that, I headed to Gatlinburg Tennessee and met up with some friends for another week.
All in all, a great trip. I did pick up a cold/flu on the last two days of travel though and that's why this post is so late.

Anyway, hope to see you all at So Coast Acura this Thursday.

Here is the link. https://seasharpphoto.smugmug.com/NSX

Click on the "NSX at The Tail Of The Dragon" gallery

The password is the usual nsxcabycr

Hope you enjoy them.

Here are a few more Tail of the Dragon photos taken by a road side professional photographer!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Click on the link below to see more photos!

https://mariocano.smugmug.com/NSXKNO-on-the-Tail-of-the/

Attachments

• 1379864 846x468.jpg
    1379864 846x468.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 1379865 846x468.jpg
    1379865 846x468.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 1379866 846x468.jpg
    1379866 846x468.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
More great pics, thanks! I experienced the Tail of the Dragon as a S2000 owner. I need to take a road trip back to experience it in the NSX, or perhaps the nearby Cherohola Skyway.

Every spring and fall the s2000 group has a trip to the dragon, checkout s2ki.com if you're interested. We usually have a couple of nsx's in addition to the all the s2000's.

Back