• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 nsx cluster swap

I could not find any info on this, but did anyone look in to what will it take to swap 2017 nsx cluster in ours gen1 nsx?

It might need the steering wheel, few modules, custom brackets etc..
I don't know the tools on honda/acura market to program clusters but if someone knows good programming tools please point me in right direction. I'm very familiar with cluster swaps on VW/Audi and can match, immo, CS from cluster or program with new custom firmware, icons etc.. even retro fitting kessy systems in to non kessy vw's is possible. But I don't know the lingo on honda/acura. It's a long shot but there are a lot of talented guys on this forum maybe it's doable.

I could not find any info on this, but did anyone look in to what will it take to swap 2017 nsx cluster in ours gen1 nsx?

I don't know the tools on honda/acura market to program clusters but if someone knows good programming tools please point me in right direction. I'm very familiar with cluster swaps on VW/Audi and can match, immo, CS from cluster or program with new custom firmware, icons etc.. even retro fitting kessy systems in to non kessy vw's is possible. But I don't know the lingo on honda/acura. It's a long shot but there are a lot of talented guys on this forum maybe it's doable.

I think the biggest hurdle would be working with a bus arrangement into a relatively analogue system.

Without wiring diagrams available for a 2017 NSX, you would have to buy a cluster and then reverse engineer it.

I think its a truly herculean task but I've seen people construct more complex systems so if you think you can, then go for it :)

The cluster is $1.3k so it's not cheap to play with. Immobilizer can be cracked or bypassed, that is the simplest, next would be having BCM bypass ELV as there is no start button on ours unless some one would want to go that far and use 2017 remote in their gen1, then the proximity antennas would have to be added. But going back to cluster. Having it power up and display at list speed, rpm, oil, and fuel level after try and error sound like doable. The biggest issue would be that 2017 is auto with motor assist and it's graphics is customized for it, it would be throwing errors up the wall. Normally on VAG cars the eprom would be downloaded to be retrofitted and make it play nice with issues, then uploaded back to cluster. Nobody that I know has the know how to do it on honda/acura as I bet it was not done yet. The cluster trim can by 3d printed to make it look like it fits in the place. This is definitely a long shot, but maybe over time as more info becomes available...

there is already a plug and play for the more digital looking S2000 dash if you didn't know..

In theorie, doable if you have a can bus compatible aftermarket ECU as in i recall a haltech you can define out put to a dashboard.
Then if you where to have a pin out you could start by feeding the data in a standardized can signal as if the cluster was a new accord or civic.

Honda's internal protocols will 90% the same, then again IMHO why would you want to have a '17 dash in a '90 car it just looks off.
And you'd need to make a adapter for it to fit the dashboard which would again be a give away.

probably work out cheaper than buying a genuine NSX-R gauge cluster :smile:

Heck, it would probably be easier to build a custom LCD cluster and design your own GUI that mimics the new NSX's look, then capture all the analog sensor info and roll from there.

I'm sorry, but this idea is plain stupid.

There, I said it and now we can all move along. :biggrin:

I'm sorry, but this idea is plain stupid.

There, I said it and now we can all move along. :biggrin:

your on a forum dedicated to ploughing huge sums of money into old cars to make them, at best case, as fast as modern cars with less of a financial investment. stones in glass houses springs to mind.

your on a forum dedicated to ploughing huge sums of money into old cars to make them, at best case, as fast as modern cars with less of a financial investment. stones in glass houses springs to mind.

.that's called rice...............there I said it:tongue:

It's "You're" not "your". :biggrin:

out of all the cock ups in that sentence you chose "your" to call me out on?

He's a dentist, he only fixes one thing at a time so you come back every 3 months:tongue:

The dentist is right though. This cluster swap is crack pipe which is bad for teeth and gums.

Back