• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low boost acceleration video

Nice vids. I think I could definitely benefit from short gears but I actually like the long gears with the charger. I just hate gatting behind people with them. Rather than throw shorties on it, I am gonna up the boost and put on a DA intercooler first.

Kind of want supercharger now.
The ctsc is a whole lot of fun. It will not get you into turbo type numbers. But, in my opinion it is a whole lot easier, cheaper, and less intrusive of a thrown together turbo kit. Also, what most people do not realize is that a turbo is a giant restricter to your exhaust. It changes the tone of the car and so does the ctsc. But the ctsc makes it better imho. I could buy a Subaru sti tomorrow if I wanted a fart can exhaust sound, whistling, and sneezing from my motor. I will stick with my supercharger....

The ctsc is a whole lot of fun. It will not get you into turbo type numbers. But, in my opinion it is a whole lot easier, cheaper, and less intrusive of a thrown together turbo kit. Also, what most people do not realize is that a turbo is a giant restricter to your exhaust. It changes the tone of the car and so does the ctsc. But the ctsc makes it better imho. I could buy a Subaru sti tomorrow if I wanted a fart can exhaust sound, whistling, and sneezing from my motor. I will stick with my supercharger....

Looks like you have more traction problems in 1st gear than I do. Here's another vid where it broke a bit about 6500 RPM. Also, in your first vid you bounced the tach off what looked like 8500 RPM. My car falls off a cliff at (what seems like) 8001 RPM.

https://vimeo.com/148206667

I went to one of those 1/2 mile shootouts a couple years ago and discovered my speedo reads quite a lot slow over 100 MPH. Not real sure what I can, or should, do about that.

Last edited:
[MENTION=11813]heySkippy[/MENTION], what clutch and or other mods do you have? I am on oem twin disk usdm gears. D.C. Headers and apx exhaust. Oem air filter and intake.

[MENTION=11813]heySkippy[/MENTION], what clutch and or other mods do you have? I am on oem twin disk usdm gears. D.C. Headers and apx exhaust. Oem air filter and intake.
Also, I am not so sure my tach is 100% accurate. I have a zublin smart shift wired to an led light. It is set to flash at 7800 rpm. So I believe I actually shifted right at 8,000 rpm. I will take a vid of the set up once it stops raining here.

SOS Sport 350 clutch, 10 year old eBay headers & ARK DT-S exhaust.
Do you like the clutch? I switched from ct grip 1 to oem prior to charger. The ct was awesome but pedal effort sucked and eventually it started slipping after buying it from the other owner.

Do you like the clutch?

It's fine for what I need. My car is a DD. The extra pedal effort is hardly noticeable from the original clutch. It's not chattery and it easily handles my current power levels. I put it in along with the blower 3 years ago. Hopefully it'll last a nice long while.

Looks like you guys chopped 1.5 seconds off 0-60. Impressive!

It's fine for what I need. My car is a DD. The extra pedal effort is hardly noticeable from the original clutch. It's not chattery and it easily handles my current power levels. I put it in along with the blower 3 years ago. Hopefully it'll last a nice long while.

High boost and aftercooler to come. Just caught Shad by the brass ones last night at the Nor Cal nsx dinner.:-D Won a 250$ labor certificate too. :-D

Back