• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone tried aftermarket coilpacks

I just got word from Tim after placing a big order for maintenance items that the OEM coil packs were no longer available, has anyone purchased aftermarket coil packs and which ones would you recommend?

I just spoke with Jeff at 24/7 Honda Parts ^ and he says he has no problem getting OEM Coil Packs from his suppliers. He supplied everything I needed for my TB/WP maintenance at a considerable savings over dealer cost.

It may depend on whether the OP was looking for the early coil packs or the later coil packs with the OBDII misfire detection circuit. I think the early coil packs were getting in short supply.

In a pinch, it might be possible to use a later coil pack on an early car by changing the terminal plug and just leaving the misfire detection circuit disconnected.

^Thanks for the info. Obviously, I was asking about the later ones applicable to my '05. It would still be worthwhile to inquire, though. Jeff has a '92 SN 001, I believe, so he should know the car pretty well! :smile:

No product for OBD II yet, AS Motorsports?
Well yes if you are running a stand alone, it will work.

The issue is in that the coils we use are meant for a canbus system we add signal conversion module to them for NSX use.
Now OBD2 NSX is looking for a specific "OK" output signal from the coils, we haven't yet made that in to a OBD output line.

Thus in other words, it works it's all fine but your OBD2 ecu "thinks" it's coils are there but not giving the OK signal thus throw cell for coil error.
That + we don't readily have OBD2 cars in the shop for diagnostics and decoding why? because in Europe and japan even 3.2L NA2 is OBD1 up to 2000

Back