• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just purchased a "Gem" NSX

Greetings.

I have been checking into this great forum for a couple months while I pondered this purchase. It was extremely helpful while researching the pros and cons of ownership, as well as a few specific issues to be aware of...
It's a 95 NSX-T, 39K miles, bone stock, immaculate, 2 owners, both from Texas. The 1st ownership was 16 years, well loved, very well maintained and documented, and kept in a temperature controlled garage. The 2nd owner bought the car in TX and moved to MD, where it was maintained by an NSX enthusiast for the past few years, and it came available at the Acura dealership where I had purchased several cars over the years. It was displayed in the showroom for several months, and I just had to take it for a test drive. I worked with the same sales guy I had purchased my other cars through, who's a big shot there now and had no skin in the game, and was very helpful with answering my many questions which this forum provided me. Along with that info and the feedback/encouragement of the expert mechanic (called it a "Gem"), I played chicken with the dealership bean counters for a few weeks. I knew they were anxious to get the car off the showroom floor and I knew (hoped) it was unlikely to sell before spring, since my wife and I were the only people to take it for a test drive in months. She and I went in and tag teamed the sales manager and we made the deal. haha
I have also discovered that there's a small group of NSX guys/gals in the DC area, a well kept secret society, I believe, and I'm looking forward to joining them.
Thanks again for all the info provided on this forum.
AJ

attachment.php

Attachments

• My NSX.jpg
    My NSX.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 717
Your new NSX looks to be in really nice condition - Congratulations!

I hope you beat that dealership up pretty thoroughly. Welcome to ownership.

We know a couple of DC area NSXers and they are super people. :biggrin:

nice pickup!......we have a thread going on folks who are not bashful about posting price for used cars

Greetings.

I have been checking into this great forum for a couple months while I pondered this purchase. It was extremely helpful while researching the pros and cons of ownership, as well as a few specific issues to be aware of...
It's a 95 NSX-T, 39K miles, bone stock, immaculate, 2 owners, both from Texas. The 1st ownership was 16 years, well loved, very well maintained and documented, and kept in a temperature controlled garage. The 2nd owner bought the car in TX and moved to MD, where it was maintained by an NSX enthusiast for the past few years, and it came available at the Acura dealership where I had purchased several cars over the years. It was displayed in the showroom for several months, and I just had to take it for a test drive. I worked with the same sales guy I had purchased my other cars through, who's a big shot there now and had no skin in the game, and was very helpful with answering my many questions which this forum provided me. Along with that info and the feedback/encouragement of the expert mechanic (called it a "Gem"), I played chicken with the dealership bean counters for a few weeks. I knew they were anxious to get the car off the showroom floor and I knew (hoped) it was unlikely to sell before spring, since my wife and I were the only people to take it for a test drive in months. She and I went in and tag teamed the sales manager and we made the deal. haha
I have also discovered that there's a small group of NSX guys/gals in the DC area, a well kept secret society, I believe, and I'm looking forward to joining them.
Thanks again for all the info provided on this forum.
AJ

attachment.php
Welcome to NSX ownership, now join the NSXCA and reach out to your local group (know a few of them, they're good guys), and enjoy the car, more so in the spring and summer!!

Sweet buy! Love the condition of the paint. Buy a good radar detector stat. Like waving a red flag in front of a bull.(law enforcement) :wink: Enjoy....

Welcome & congrats on the find. That's the doppleganger of my car.

Sweet buy! Love the condition of the paint. Buy a good radar detector stat. Like waving a red flag in front of a bull.(law enforcement) :wink: Enjoy....

+1. The NSX gets more attention (good & bad) than any car I've owned.

Congrats on the purchase AJ! The DC crew is a great group of owners. Let me know if you want to join our facebook group. I can add you to the "DMV NSX Owners Group". You'll find most of us communicate through that group.

Thanks guys. Jose, I don't do "FacePlant," but I look forward to meeting you guys and participating in this forum. I'm sure you know Ozzie, who I've been in contact with several times leading up to the purchase. He offered me very helpful information. He's actually working on my car as we speak on a couple things the dealership agree to take care of.

Welcome, you're going to love it. Here's a link to changes for '95 from another '95 owner-

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Changes_by_Year#Changes_for_1995

To me, the most significant change was that the ratio of 2nd gear was changed. Earlier 5-speeds had been criticized for having too tall a 2nd gear, allowing the revs to drop out of v-tec range on the 1-2 shift. This change addressed that problem. The DBW throttle is also nice, and has been praised for its feel.

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase! When I went by there after Costco I thought I should check this out.. Never got to it. Will have to see it in person!

I am glad to know there is a group of fellow NSX owners around. Look forward to meeting you all and taking mine out!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new ride!!!!! I live in Clarksburg and was eyeing this car for a couple months. Sounds like you pulled the trigger at the right time and got a sweet deal. I ended up buying a '94 in Myrtle Beach last month. As mentioned above the DMV NSX Owners Group on FB is a great way to meet local owners.

Congrats again, Fernando

Congrats and beautiful NSX. I hear it is the fastest color too. Welcome to ownership.

Back