• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ideas for a paint shop

If any of you followed my NSXPO post you may have noticed that I messed up the already poor paint on my mirrors. I need to have them re-painted and was wondering if any of you know of a good shop that can paint just the mirrors for a reasonable price. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

I have used Fountain Valley Body Works and have been happy with their work. Ask for Jim Woods.

I am anal about my three Hondas and will only take them to Ramon for mechanical work and Quigley's Auto Body in Lake Forest for paint. I took my S2000 to Quigley's after the hail storm beat the hell out of it in Colorado Springs on July 29, 2016. It was there for a full 8 weeks but so worth it. I would imagine they cost more than other shops but I wanted perfection and I got it for that huge job. Ameriprise paid for it minus my $250 deductible. Ricky's new 2016 F150 truck and both of our motorcycles were also damaged by the hail. I put a new seat and front headlight frame on my KLX300R and Ricky got a new front fender but as you might have seen at the Claim Jumper, he did not fix his truck.

^At my sister's house in Colorado Springs, the next morning. I thought someone was throwing rocks at the house when the hail started at about 10:30 PM.

^Look at the nose of the hood! The hail was bouncing off the house and hitting the hood. The entire hood was replaced with a new one.

^I was quite surprised that the soft top wasn't torn. The black molding around the windshield and the rear of the soft top was dented and had to be repaired. While they were at it I paid for a new windshield although it wasn't damaged.

^Driver's side front fneder. Paintless dent removal to start and then repaired.

^Ricky's new truck, all of 4 months old.

^We had to get a new windshield put in it before we left Colorado. Not easy to find when the entire city had record hail damage.

^Look at those dents coming into the trunk. No fixing that.

^ New truck lid.

^New hood.

^The circles for my dent removal guy. I told them who I wanted them to use for PDR and they did use him. He's the best there is IMO for S2000s.

^All better.

Last edited:
That is crazy hail!!!! However, it seems they just leveled bondo over the imperfections. They did a great job, but would this really work on aluminum panels such as the nsx? Given the same repair procedures? I have resprayed once over a respray already and have learned that nothing sticks to the nsx panels like oem paint procedure.

I've had a good experience with Quigley's in Lake Forest as well for my Subaru. Pretty sure they did the original F&F cars so there's that :biggrin:

That is crazy hail!!!! However, it seems they just leveled bondo over the imperfections. They did a great job, but would this really work on aluminum panels such as the nsx? Given the same repair procedures? I have resprayed once over a respray already and have learned that nothing sticks to the nsx panels like oem paint procedure.
No, they didn't fill with Bondo. First they had my PDR guy work it over. The ones he couldn't get to, they pulled out. They also wet sanded. They are the best. Oh, and the S2000 also has an aluminum body.

Last edited:
No, they didn't fill with Bondo. First they had my PDR guy work it over. The ones he couldn't get to, they pulled out. They also wet sanded. They are the best. Oh, and the S2000 also has an aluminum body.
Right on. Sorry it was hard to tell what the process was from the photos.

If you don't mind my asking, who is your paintless dent removal guy. thanks

If you don't mind my asking, who is your paintless dent removal guy. thanks
I'm happy to share his info.

Mike Matteson: Ultimate Dent Removal
Cell 714-271-0003
Office 949-715-3200
Mobile Service
He has done paintless dent removal on my 2005 S2000 a few times and my 2007 S2000 more than once, too. My NSX hasn't needed it but he'll be the guy I take it to if I ever do. He regularly works on cars at dealerships.

Back