• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP Racing proportionning valve on upgraded BBK system

I'm currently upgrading my BBK system that originally came from Movit in germany with 322*32 disks and Porsche 993 turbo calipers.
The original disks are drilled and I wanted to go to slotted disks as cracks appear almost immediately around the wholes during track days.
In itself it's not dangerous as long as the cracks don't appear along the inner or outer edge of the disks but more annoying is the fact that the wholes fill up very quickly with the dust coming from the pads inhibiting the cooling.
Going through the Brembo catalog, I found some suitable disks for my calipers in 328*32 mm size.
They required new bells that I ordered from [MENTION=9035]titaniumdave[/MENTION] who did a first class job as you will see in the pictures.
I was using Pagid Racing RS 19 pads previously but I will now try RS 29's that are supposed to bed in easily?
My next step would be to use a proportionning system to better balance my front to rear braking effort.
AP Racing has a dual bore set-up that I'm tempted to try.
https://www.apracing.com/product_de...ever_type_prop_valves/twin_bore-cp4550-1.aspx
I forgot to mention that I run without ABS...
Has anyone tried it so far?
Here are some pictures:
PS: the disk is the wrong way around on the pictures!

DSCF7216_zpszeqhw0oq.jpg

DSCF7217_zps2j50qtp6.jpg

Last edited:
Back