• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Assistance with head unit install

Good morning all!

As a start to collect my parts for my stereo upgrade I would like some information about the wiring.

I plan on installing a double din, while for now keeping the stock speakers and amp.

Do I need the ipp-758 from SOS or am I fine using the ipp-756?

I was trying to source who made the ipp-758, but had no luck.

The ipp-758 would just plug into the head unit pre-outs. Is it worth the purchase or should I create my own from the ipp-756?

Is there anything else I need to be aware in regards to wiring?

I have done many stereos on my other Hondas, but none of which had a factory amp. I just dont want to start the project and I end up missing much needed parts. Thanks!

Shah

Ipp-758 will do fine.
You will also need this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-ground-loop-isolator/9855136.p?id=1218186610567

Our nsx only use 1 pair of rca for the speakers and sub.. U will end up with an extra pair of in used rca from your double din unit.
The ground loop isolator is needed to rid the speakers pop when turning ON your unit. Without it, u may hear a pop! through the speakers every time the radio is power on..

That is it. Those 2 will do, I have the exact same harness and am running a pioneer double din.. No issue what so ever.

Ipp-758 will do fine.
You will also need this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-ground-loop-isolator/9855136.p?id=1218186610567

Our nsx only use 1 pair of rca for the speakers and sub.. U will end up with an extra pair of in used rca from your double din unit.
The ground loop isolator is needed to rid the speakers pop when turning ON your unit. Without it, u may hear a pop! through the speakers every time the radio is power on..

That is it. Those 2 will do, I have the exact same harness and am running a pioneer double din.. No issue what so ever.

Thanks for the information! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Back