• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EVO Car of the year 12/13/16

NSX segment @ about 21:50..

Beautiful video photography.....

ecoty8wqg5_zps2icdcdtk.jpg~original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxthzMs_M-M

Last edited:
I would have chosen the 911 R, too, as the winner. Nicely done testing. I'm glad the NSX finished around the top third, though, it's not chopped liver.

the golf must have vibrating seats............

No surprise - Porsche and ECOTY are frequent bedfellows. And a Porsche that you can't buy (it's sold out).
Great cinematography though, very crisp and vivid.

Great video, boring commentary from guys that talked so softly I almost fell asleep. Reminded me of NPR all things considered. I slept like a baby.:biggrin:

They gave no good logic behind it other than that it is the last of a dying breed and that it's a limited edition style car very much like the others on the list...

Gee, I wonder how many cried when the vinyl record, or cassette tapes were stopped being produced. They were definitely album of the year...

Point is that no-one was able to buy this car except those that had put their name down for it before it was announced to the rest of the world. It's not the best car of the year that you can now actually place an order for based on the results of ECOTY, so ultimately pointless.

Yawn. 911's are awesome and keep getting better. Tell me something I don't know. Everyone should own (at least) one. Agreed that it's a bit silly to give award to a car you can't buy. The 991.2 Carrera S would be a better choice: a mainstream car that, according to every review I have read, is shockingly good. To quote "Hamilton,": Look around; look around. How lucky we are to be alive right now.

It's not the best car of the year that you can now actually place an order for based on the results of ECOTY, so ultimately pointless.

Yawn. 911's are awesome and keep getting better. Tell me something I don't know. Agreed that it's a bit silly to give award to a car you can't buy.

you can't buy it because it sold out in minutes. it sold out in minutes because it's the best car out there.

you guys sound so bitter. this test wasn't about the "best car of the year that you can currently order or buy that isn't sold out already". it's EVO's best car of the year, full stop...

Not at all bitter, just a shame that you can't buy their best car of the year.

It sold out in minutes before anyone knew it was their best car of the year - afaik there were no drives before the order book was opened.

Porsche have won 11 out of 19 ECOTY's.
Other winners are Pagani (1.5), Honda (1), Ford (1), Ferrari (2), Nissan (1) & Lotus (1.5). No Aston Martin, Audi , BMW, Jaguar, Lamborghini, McLaren or Mercedes winner so far.

Last edited:
↑↑↑ Most predict Porsche's upcoming 2018 GT2RS will be a repeat performance of the 911R sellout @ approximately $250K MSRP

↑↑↑ Most predict Porsche's upcoming 2018 GT2RS will be a repeat performance of the 911R sellout @ approximately $250K MSRP

i wouldn't argue against that...

Not at all bitter, just a shame that you can't buy their best car of the year.

It sold out in minutes before anyone knew it was their best car of the year - afaik there were no drives before the order book was opened.

Porsche have won 11 out of 19 ECOTY's.

the magazines test the best cars each manufacturer makes, not the best ones made which are still available.

the fact that the 911R was sold out in minutes before anyone had seen it shows that Porsche's reputation precedes itself. Ferrari has a similar reputation with many of their cars also.

that's a good reputation to have...

I kinda think Porsche saw what Singer has been doing (reimagined 911s) for huge dollars and said, we can do better than that ourselves, and voila, the 911R with houndstooth seating fabric and a price above a Turbo S

Upcoming '18 GT2RS on the road testing ....Honda has the ability to build an answer.

My opinion - Honda/Acura sticking with a so called everyday/all-around sports car for $200K
is a no win game. Priced in the $125K range all in, it would be selling.

tjSK4mx_zpsqdfeafo1.jpg~original

Last edited:
The gt2rs will devour tracks, likely besting a lot of the viper acr-e records, cost of entrywill be high and future value appreciation will be highly dependent on production numbers both row an us. Either way, nsx still looks like a supercar, to the general public gt2 is no different than standard carrera.

Upcoming '18 GT2RS on the road testing ....Honda has the ability to build an answer.

My opinion - Honda/Acura sticking with a so called everyday/all-around sports car for $200K
is a no win game. Priced in the $125K range all in, it would be selling.

tjSK4mx_zpsqdfeafo1.jpg~original
Do I see a active rear spoiler on this?

The gt2rs will devour tracks, likely besting a lot of the viper acr-e records, cost of entrywill be high and future value appreciation will be highly dependent on production numbers both row an U.S. Either way, nsx still looks like a supercar, to the general public gt2 is no different than standard Carrera.....to speak of pricing i was recently offered a 911R w delivery miles for 500K......

Do I see a active rear spoiler on this?

With two points of attachment v solid mount sitting on the uprights like '16 GT3RS ( but manually adjustable), looks like a possibility.

The top spoiler rises & tilts- speed dependent (or activated manually) on the 2015 TT/S

P1030211_zpsd3hrrjs7.jpg~original

Back