• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headers and Catalytic Converter Combo

Hi, new nsx owner. Looking into installing headers and getting cats. Currently have stock headers and a straight pipe with gruppe m exhaust. The fumes are killer!

Have researched and might be going with DC Headers and prospeed catalytic converters for Ca compliance.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look into Comptech headers and sticking with the OEM cats. Or swapping them out when it comes time for smog.

Can't say that DC headers are readily available as I haven't heard anyone get brand new ones for a long time.

Thank you for your input.

Unfortunately the OEM cats that used to be on are no where to be found. I would put them back on if i had them. Will look into comptech headers and others.

The DC headers with the adapters are still available with some vendors as i just found out from bennybenx.

If you have a 1991, then you have exhaust manifolds instead of headers. You could take the OEM headers off the 3.2L NA2 cars (1997 and up) and use them. They're good for ~15hp and 10 ft-lbs across the rev range.

Will check with him. [MENTION=28434]jtrikakis[/MENTION] is selling me a pair also.

Thanks for the info.

Be sure you get the year specific cats that match the year specific headers and year specific exhaust you plan to run.

CT headers & pride cats here! Love them!

I have a 91 with Taitec headers and OEM cats and some unkown exhaust. It sounds almost the same as when I had OEM manifold.

I have 91 cats with $50,000 miles, but they won't work with CT headers. Let me know if you are interested. Text/ call me at (916) 215-1387. Stefan

I can't remember why. Can someone else chime in on this? I'll ask Shad when I'm at Driving Ambitions about this. I remember getting a dissertation on why my 91 cats wouldn't work with the CT headers. I needed the 95-97 I believe. I'll find out.

I can't remember why. Can someone else chime in on this? I'll ask Shad when I'm at Driving Ambitions about this. I remember getting a dissertation on why my 91 cats wouldn't work with the CT headers. I needed the 95-97 I believe. I'll find out.

I asked because I have done this install a few times on 1991's. You do need the proper adapters(part of the CT header kit for 1991) and the cats are fine...

LarryB

Last edited:
Back