• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please post reports of seeing actual cars at MSRP gathering dust at dealer

I do not trust the automatic listings of cars for sale, even the minority of listings/ads that suggest car is at MSRP. I did some spot checking a while back and the pattern is usually some combo of (i) the dealer is looking for a premium, (ii) the car is actually pre-sold and the listing is a glitch, (iii) the car is inbound and not actually at the dealer yet or (iv) they won't tell you over phone or email what they will sell car for (which I assume means the owner is asking a big premium but the salesperson wants to see if you'll pay a medium premium and make a deal).

So, I'm curious if anyone here has actually put eyes on a car at a dealer that is offered for MSRP and, despite this, has been sitting for more than say a month. I am sure they exist, I just haven't heard many (any?) reports of this, despite the online searches showing more and more cars in the distribution channel.

Anyone?

demand for sports cars in general should be highest in the no snow zones...

haha so join nsxca and save 5000.$$$$$

All the cars on dealership floors here (Edmonton Canada) are at MSRP. And the first one sold at MSRP in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At MSRP from last month:
^ Criswell Acura
* Fresno Acura
* Acura of Rochester
* Steven Creek (lots of options but MSRP)
... just to name a few...

I clicked on one of the ebay listings from an indiana dealer they offered a lease with 30k due at signing , and no mention of the monthly payment, 36 mo....

My mentality on purchasing:

"Never ask a barber if you need a haircut"

- Warren Buffett

Last edited:
Back