• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 Type R headlights.

Here you go Stephen.

019c442d.jpg

7166ddbe.jpg

Attachments

• 019c442d.jpg
    019c442d.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 70
Yes, I had JDM headlights on my Lancer Evolution IX and the oncoming traffic wasn't liking them.

In theory it should be modifiable i know of shops doing it on RHD imports from Japan here as its required by law.
So there is a good chance the white NSX-R lights could be modified, i can ask around here see what it costs and what is involved.
At the moment i don't have a NSX-R set in stock, those would need to be special ordered. (so can't test the idea of re alignment prior)

Side note, on rally cars they actual mix LHD & RHD headlights to get the widest possible pattern.

What causes the cutoff is a shield inside the projector. I'm sure you can modify the shield to get whatever type of pattern you want.
IMG_1799_t.jpg

DSCN9706.jpg

Headlight_projector_schematic.png

Last edited:
Hi,

as Adrian (Hapa88) said, there are shields inside the headlight housings, behind the projectors lenses.

a friend opened a set of RHD pop-ups and swapped the left shield to the right headlight and the right
shield to the left headlight. This way he coverted a set of RHD headlights to LHD.

I don't know if it's that simple in the fixed 02+ headlights.

Thanks,
Nuno

Back