• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

World Premiere - Modified 2017 Acura NSX - by Wheels Boutique

80-logo2017_d4eff3b6c7254bfc32885c64777b7f80b440a895.png

Enthusiasts have been begging and waiting (somewhat) patiently for over a decade in hopes that Honda Motor Company would finally revive the legendary NSX and after a long hiatus without a halo sports car, Acura has finally answered all our prayers.

If you can’t believe this is real – we don’t blame you. From what we’ve found there are a lot of people who aren’t aware this car has even been released yet. We were lucky enough to acquire one of the first North American examples and TeamWB is honored and thrilled to present to you a detailed look at our modified example of this mid-engined hybrid supercar – the 2017 Acura NSX.

Enjoy.

Wheel Specs:
HRE P201
20”x9” // 21”x12.5”
Finish: *All New* Frozen Gold
Tires: Pirelli P Zero
Front: 245/30/20
Rear: 325/25/21

Photos by The Beard aka William Stern

PM us for details, availability, and pricing. Tell us what you think by commenting below!

30953496886_551707a20c_h.jpg

30900484981_606d80d6d7_h.jpg

30900484201_7749f17334_h.jpg

30953497756_5af4e3490e_h.jpg

30953494546_2c0cdab2a1_h.jpg

30953493636_7544080d81_h.jpg

25352977769_f14c82317e_h.jpg

30988558685_8052e34dff_h.jpg

For more photos visit: https://flic.kr/s/aHskLVBFwE

The wheel pattern looks pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if I personally could pull off gold wheels with a straight face. Am I a racist for thinking maybe this "frozen gold" finish would do better in Middle Eastern markets? If so, I apologize.

On a serious note, I'm curious if the car's fancy drivetrain behaves well with non-OEM wheel/tire sizes.

Last edited:
The wheel pattern looks pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if I personally could pull off gold wheels with a straight face. Am I a racist for thinking maybe this "frozen gold" finish would do better in Middle Eastern markets? If so, I apologize.

On a serious note, I'm curious if the car's fancy drivetrain behaves well with non-OEM wheel/tire sizes.

We are happy to report that it behaves extremely friendly with the larger wheels & tires. We had the opportunity to take her to Homestead Motor Speedway recently and she even overtook a few Huracan's. Lot's of fun with this second-gen NSX thus far.​

Other than wheels, what else did you tweak?
Did you need to do any adjustments to get the wheels to fit?
Is it my imagination or is the front beak blacked out?
What other colors do you offer the wheels in?

Not looking to buy at this time, just curious.

Other than wheels, what else did you tweak?
Did you need to do any adjustments to get the wheels to fit?
Is it my imagination or is the front beak blacked out?
What other colors do you offer the wheels in?

Not looking to buy at this time, just curious.

We installed a lowering kit and put a couple of hours into the adjustment so that it sits perfect to our eyes. We also sent it off to Heffner Performance to play with the exhaust and give it a better sound. We deleted the badging and that's why the front beak looks blacked out. The car has full XPEL as well.

These wheels are offered is any gloss, satin, & brushed finishes. Black, bronze, gold, silver, charcoal, titanium - you name it.​

Thanks for the response - looks sharp without the crazy over sized badge. I have no problem with a Honda/Acura badge on my car but the ludicrous size bugs me aesthetically. I prefer the 90s sized badges on vehicles.

You know that people are now going to be wanting an audio clip :p

Your not the only one... Gold on cars is as trashy as a Trump bathroom.... I do not understand why people are doing this again and calling it new? We have been there decades before....
The f@cked up thing is people actually love it. It makes me cringe....

Furthermore, the car lines and photography itself is awesome. I also really love the wheels. But I do not like the hella,"flush" gold handles on the toilet.

Your not the only one... Gold on cars is as trashy as a Trump bathroom.... I do not understand why people are doing this again and calling it new? We have been there decades before....
The f@cked up thing is people actually love it. It makes me cringe....

The Brushed Frozen Gold was a new finish for HRE that was specifically made for this car.

Everyone has their own taste. I personally chose the same finish after seeing these wheels in person :biggrin:​

I've seen this car in person and like it a lot. The stance is near perfect. Deleting the badging is the way to go as it de-emphasizes the awful beak! Great photography. I would continue to tweak the exhaust as it does nothing for me.

The Brushed Frozen Gold was a new finish for HRE that was specifically made for this car.

Everyone has their own taste. I personally chose the same finish after seeing these wheels in person :biggrin:​
Don't get me wrong, the car looks great. I just hate gold...

Agreed, gold is worse than flat black. However I and old school

Gold on a white car is a CLASSIC look. If you don't like the wheels, that is one thing, but I love the color combo! JMHO!

"lowering kit?" Can you expand on this for other owners?

It's a completely custom kit that we developed and we're in the final stages of working with a major brand to distribute the product. It is height adjustable and does not eliminate the factory adjustments (i.e. dampening).​

I agree I think the gold looks awesome and tacky is not a word I would associate with the look especially with a NSX, some of the greatest JGTC NSX's rocked the gold wheel look; Autobacs, Mugen, Castrol even the Super GT concept rocked them
attachment.php

Attachments

• Honda-NSX-Super-GT-JGTC.jpeg.jpg
    Honda-NSX-Super-GT-JGTC.jpeg.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 1,065
Looks fantastic, well done, expect better in the metal too ...

Didn't know it was coming into fashion... have been trying to find gold rims for my 98, looking for 18's that are plug and play to my current settings of lower perch Bilsteins with F15/R25 spacers ... idea being I can run see in summer and flip to OEM 17's for the winter months ... ideas welcomed ....

Back