• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trailer questions

Getting ready for NSXCAPADES, I need to have my truck for the builders show in Orlando for the week. I want to go to the NSX event too. So I'm thinking of just staying in Orlando for the week and carrying my car on a u-haul. I have carried my '92 on one before but I had to remove my lip and use 2x4 to raise the front wheels up to clear the wheel stop. I need to measure the car and the trailer to see if it will clear them. My question is... their website does not recommend my Armada/2017 NSX combo but it will accept the same SUV/92 NSX combo in order to reserve the trailer. Would you guys feel comfortable using the u-haul even though the sites says no? I'm having a hard time seeing why it will be an issue if it fits the trailer.

the gross vehicle weight of the new car is about 850LBs more than your 92....so add the trailer and new car weights together to see if it exceeds the factory tow limits of your armada...there are plenty of folks who exceed limits by a little.

yes definitely...unless the uhaul trailers are made of gold:wink:

Mine did not come with a tow hitch-- and I didn't see it as an option. :wink:
Where there's a drill, there's a way!
Issue 2/2005 of the NSXCA's newsletter had a how-to article about putting a hitch on an NA1:

jeffatrailer.jpg

loved that thread/article

Back