• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tan interior color change.

My car is Charlotte (brooklands) green and I have a tan interior and i would like to change it a little.

I already have aftermarket seats.

I would like red carpets, would red carpets and tan everything else work or look odd?

Also I would like to add more carbon, i can likely do rear panels and kick panels reasonably easy, but the center console and door cards will still have the tan leather.

buying new center console in black is going to be mission impossible, re-trimming mine probably isn't a option neither as everything i have done to my car i can change back at any point if i desire.

I'm just looking for idea or info/pics with anyone else who has done it already.

thanks guys.

Carpet can be dyed easily, think black may be a safer bet but you could always try red first and see how it looks. The problem dyeing is that you need to acquire the plastic trims for the bonnet release, fuel cap release, etc. Again easier to find those parts in the classifieds in black rather than red.
Centre console - lower panel can also be dyed or wrapped in CF vinyl maybe? I know there are a few RHD dashboards for sale in the UK if you need one.
Rear panels could be re-trimmed very easily with the fabric of your choice, vinyl, leather or alcantara.

I got my dash and door cards professionally covered in alcantara for around £1400 so not too bad if you wanted to go down that road. Really does look good.

Carpet can be dyed easily, think black may be a safer bet but you could always try red first and see how it looks. The problem dyeing is that you need to acquire the plastic trims for the bonnet release, fuel cap release, etc. Again easier to find those parts in the classifieds in black rather than red.
Centre console - lower panel can also be dyed or wrapped in CF vinyl maybe? I know there are a few RHD dashboards for sale in the UK if you need one.
Rear panels could be re-trimmed very easily with the fabric of your choice, vinyl, leather or alcantara.

I got my dash and door cards professionally covered in alcantara for around £1400 so not too bad if you wanted to go down that road. Really does look good.

I really like the sound of that, do you have any pics?

Do they wrap over the top of existing so you can remove at a later date if you was to ever sell the car. Perhaps i'm worrying about nothing?

I really would like a dark interior, with red carpets to give the Type R look and think it will look great on a green car.

That is a good point there are allot of plastic trims you don't really think of, i could get them dipped.

I will sort some pictures later.

The original vinyl has to be removed before covering in alcantara so not reversible. I bought a spare dash and door cards so I could put it back to original, if I ever sell.

Everyone has a different opinion of what looks good, especially when it comes to colors.
I think green/red/tan is too clashing. I would personally do black carpet and floor mats to start and see how you feel about that. Then possibly swap the tan seats for black. Green with tan accents is classy if done proper.

I really like the sound of that, do you have any pics?

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

Hard to take good photos under flourescent tubes, Alcantara looks grey but is black.
If you want the number of the place, let me know. They have done at least 3 NSX dashboards at least now.

Attachments

• IMG_1665.JPG
    IMG_1665.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1667.JPG
    IMG_1667.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG