• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hydro dipping interior parts

Good morning all,

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any of their interior parts Hydrop Dipped? I was thinking of having the center console along with the vent section and the door pieces hydro dipped. Especially since they are peeling. If anyone else has, I would like to see pictures. Thinking of doing a custom color scheme or just gun metal.

Thanks!

The most difficult part of this project will be removing the old finish and prepping the surface. I'm sure the hydro dip results will be fantastic provided the aforementioned is completed.

I was wondering if they have control of the pattern direction especially if you had the center and the clock trim matching up? Did you find a shop that has good references in the So Cal area? If you do it please post pictures and info.

I was looking at http://www.mainecoastcustoms.com/

I saw their work and seems pretty good. He had a picture of him showing a competitors work, where the pattern was not lining up between side by side pieces and he said he tries his best not to give that kind of result. Also, his page shows that he preps the items. I will get in touch w/ him and see what his price is like.

I had mine hydro dipped with carbon fiber pattern.

Attachments

• 20141218_134819.jpg
    20141218_134819.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20141218_134730.jpg
    20141218_134730.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20141218_134828.jpg
    20141218_134828.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20141218_134810.jpg
    20141218_134810.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
how long does hydrodipping last? Do they put a clearcorrect or any type of protective layer over the final product? How has it held up in the sun or hot summer months? Any bubbling or fading?

Just like with paint it depends on the quality of work., But yes the clear coat it. It's held up fine no issues of wading or bubbling, but mine isn't a daily driver and it's garaged. I might be putting them all up for sale soon. Hope that helps.

Just like with paint it depends on the quality of work., But yes the clear coat it. It's held up fine no issues of wading or bubbling, but mine isn't a daily driver and it's garaged. I might be putting them all up for sale soon. Hope that helps.

Back