• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JDM dark tail light center emblem question?

I was wondering if any owners of the JDM tail lights could chime in. I was wondering if the center emblem is an inner piece that can be modified or removed at all? I have cracked lenses, and like the look of the JDM tail lights, but I'm not really wanting/caring to do a Honda emblem conversion. Is it something that can be heated, seperated, and removed or replaced with an Acura emblem at all? I've seen the USDM write ups to change to an A, but not the other way around.

Your best bet would be to get the center from an NA1 NSX-R which has a black "H" decal on the inside of the lens much like the black "ACURA" decal on the USDM equivalent.

Your best bet would be to get the center from an NA1 NSX-R which has a black "H" decal on the inside of the lens much like the black "ACURA" decal on the USDM equivalent.

That's kind of what I'm after, I just wasn't sure if anyone knows if it is in fact a decal inside that can be removed? I haven't been able to see one in person to get an idea if it's possible.

There's an etching on the inside so if you remove it then you ll still see an outline of an H. I don't mind the H at all. I love my Jdm tails, the usdm should've came like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There's an etching on the inside so if you remove it then you ll still see an outline of an H. I don't mind the H at all. I love my Jdm tails, the usdm should've came like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

I was wondering if any owners of the JDM tail lights could chime in. I was wondering if the center emblem is an inner piece that can be modified or removed at all? I have cracked lenses, and like the look of the JDM tail lights, but I'm not really wanting/caring to do a Honda emblem conversion. Is it something that can be heated, seperated, and removed or replaced with an Acura emblem at all? I've seen the USDM write ups to change to an A, but not the other way around.

Look here. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...h)?highlight=removing+center+tail+light+lense

91 NSX Red​/Black

jdm on mine seems to be more of a cast in H thats silvered rather than a chrome H thats stuck on the inside. not sure you'd be able to remove it! when mine went odd i had to find a stick on one to place over it...

Phototastic-23_07_2016_d9499b42-f7c6-4a82-a0ab-4c2487074564.jpg

also, you do realise the JDM is a darker tint red than the USDM lights???

Last edited:
jdm on mine seems to be more of a cast in H thats silvered rather than a chrome H thats stuck on the inside. not sure you'd be able to remove it! when mine went odd i had to find a stick on one to place over it...

also, you do realise the JDM is a darker tint red than the USDM lights???

Yes, my lenses have cracks on the inner pieces and I like the JDM dark tint, but would like to keep Acura emblems. Sounds like there's not really much that can be done other than find an Acura emblem that could cover the H from the outside.

Sorry to bring this old thread. But I also have dark JDM rear lights. I want to have Acura logo as well, I took measurements looks like there no big enough Acura logo that will cover the built in Honda logo. New big Acura logos are hollow and angled, won’t work also.

How about an old oem front Acura NSX logo that had the background filled in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acura emblems are roundish, unlike square Honda emblem. But if Acura emblem is big enough it should cover. Anyone knows any examples or part numbers?

Acura emblems are roundish, unlike square Honda emblem. But if Acura emblem is big enough it should cover. Anyone knows any examples or part numbers?

I think what [MENTION=6553]Oyagi[/MENTION] suggested would be your best bet to try. Get the Front Emblem from the '91-'01 NSX's that has the background filled in (75700-SL0-A03) and then clip off the two pegs on the back and it should cover the "H" on the JDM center tail. Or go to the local junkyard and walk around and look at older Acuras and find other models with filled in Acura emblems and measure them to see if they will cover.

I think what [MENTION=6553]Oyagi[/MENTION] suggested would be your best bet to try. Get the Front Emblem from the '91-'01 NSX's that has the background filled in (75700-SL0-A03) and then clip off the two pegs on the back and it should cover the "H" on the JDM center tail. Or go to the local junkyard and walk around and look at older Acuras and find other models with filled in Acura emblems and measure them to see if they will cover.

Old integras had the filled in A logo as well.

Back