• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone own a Audi R8 V10 stasis supercharger?

As the title states. Are there any nsx owners here that run an Audi R8 V10 with the stasis supercharger?
There are a few for sale lately with less than 25,000 miles and less than 110,000 dollars. I am strongly considering this as my next car. Might have to sell the nsx to get it but, too soon to call. I may and want to keep it. It is getting harder and harder to get parts and to get in and out of...

My main question is, is the charger carb legal? I hate the R8 forums as they are loaded with ads so maybe someone here has one that can elaborate? I really want a different mid engine car and I want a big ass motor with a blower. I.E. I do not like the school bus/ sanitation truck sound of turbochargers. I want it twin screwed.
Thanks in advance....

My friend is going turbo on his r8. Twin turbo to be exact. Unsure why a turbo over supercharger but I can only guess because he has a turbo Nsx that's making great power. He's done his research so you may want to pm him. NA1MT
Thanks. Did he previously have a blown V10?

I am quite sure a twin turbo V10 is a supercar slayer all day. But I like drivability and sound. A twin screw V10? Where do I sign up? It has 710 horsepower. 10 times more than I will probably ever use. The main thing about the R8 is ease of use and comfort for me at this point. Sure I have a lowered tricked out nsx and it is fun as hell. But it is only fun when I am in the mood for it. 70% of the time it is uncomfortable, too low, old, slow, expensive, I could go on and on. However, I love it! Which is why I am leaning towards another mid ship engine automobile. The R8 just seems more refined and with an additional power adder that I do not have to come out of pocket for, is just icing on the cake. I am assuming the stasis supercharger is carb legal as I have a test drive with elite motors in Concord, California this weekend for a 2010 statsis charged V10 automatic with less than 25,000 miles. For 109k. Wife says no, so I most likely will not buy it. But I have the itch....

Nope. He had a v8 manual. Sold it and got a v10 manual. He likes talking about his r8 so I don't think getting info out of him will be an issue.
I have read a bunch of posts on the R8 forums about people who regretted buying a V8 and sold for the V10. :biggrin:
Buy the big motor and be done... Thanks for the response SDuff...

If I had an r8 I would probably keep it NA. I road in a manual v10 years ago with exhaust. It was awesome. The sound and the interior really. I'm not a huge fan of the exterior styling but that's just my opinion.

Are you stuck on auto? I think the manual v10's will hold their value and go up eventually since it's one of the last manual exotic cars produced. I guess when you say auto do you mean paddle shifters? I'm unfamiliar with Audi and the terminology.

You're in Ca I remember. Yeah supercharging is the only way I assume.

Can you be more specific as to why it is defunct?

they went out of business in 2014, just checked the website and it is still working but haven't heard of anyone being able to reach them in the last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had an r8 I would probably keep it NA. I road in a manual v10 years ago with exhaust. It was awesome. The sound and the interior really. I'm not a huge fan of the exterior styling but that's just my opinion.

Are you stuck on auto? I think the manual v10's will hold their value and go up eventually since it's one of the last manual exotic cars produced. I guess when you say auto do you mean paddle shifters? I'm unfamiliar with Audi and the terminology.

You're in Ca I remember. Yeah supercharging is the only way I assume.

I would love a manual, but the wife wouldn't go for it. Besides, as technology advances it shows that automatics are faster.
Trust me, I cringe at the thought of an auto. But as I said, I am looking for a car that I can use whenever. Much unlike my modified na1.:mad:

they went out of business in 2014, just checked the website and it is still working but haven't heard of anyone being able to reach them in the last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No shit? I just googled and you are right. But still, their kit is complete and seems solid. Any other reasons to be aware?

VF Engineering is currently the supercharger option for the V10. APR only does the V8. SOS has been going the turbo option. Most of the tuners have gone turbo. Early R8 had R-tronic single clutch system. It can be problematic. Newer R8 has S-tronic which is dual clutch. If you go with R-tronic, make sure that you have the clutch checked.

I've watched this One Take dozens of times.

I know this isn't a R8 V10, but the Huracan essentially has the same engine. This is my (unattainable) dream)...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BsjuLsKAEFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
My main question is, is the charger carb legal?

No there are no CARB legal supercharger or turbocharger systems for the Audi R8 or any Lamborghini models.

The list of CA Executive Orders for aftermarket parts can be found here:
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

Go down to LIST EXECUTIVE ORDERS BY DEVICE (except for catalytic converters) and Select Device Type: "Supercharger System" or "Turbocharger System"

You'll see there are no systems listed for Audi R8s (or any Lamborghinis) in either the Supercharger or Turbocharger sections.

Stasis Engineering does offer a CARB legal system for the Audi and VW 2.0L motors though, but that probably doesn't help you.

Back