• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clarion Builds NSX up for auction

I got this in my email this morning.. Barrett-Jackson will be auctioning it off in June.
http://www.clarionbuilds.com/acura-nsx

Great to see the proceeds going to charity.

attachment.php

Attachments

• clarionbuilds01.jpg
    clarionbuilds01.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:
I like when companies do charity auction...best of luck..

Awesome! Really great of Clarion to do this and donate. It's an impressive build and I hope it goes for a lot at auction to benefit a good cause. Well done Clarion!

car went into limp-mode failure in a recent test drive review...... can Clarion disclose the problem/diagnostics on that issue?

car went into limp-mode failure in a recent test drive review...... can Clarion disclose the problem/diagnostics on that issue?

From what I read they had recently upgraded the engine management for more power and the test environment was quite hot. The engine went into limp mode as a precaution. Prior to the upgrade the engine ran fine. I think they found the issue and resolved it.

I wonder if they got the tune corrected? They did a retune trying for more horsepower and the car hated it. It started pulling timing, stalling, misfiring, wouldn't start, etc.
https://youtu.be/oJGQh5ygn4Y

BTW, I asked one of our tech's about this awhile ago, and I recall he told me it was a $5 sensor that was bad. Once that was replaced, the NSX ran perfect, and has been ever since. Bummer this had to happen on a video shoot.

BTW, I asked one of our tech's about this awhile ago, and I recall he told me it was a $5 sensor that was bad. Once that was replaced, the NSX ran perfect, and has been ever since. Bummer this had to happen on a video shoot.
Well this is great news because I would like to high boost my ctsc and this video made me stop and think about it.

I was going through old recordings last night and just watched the vegas action...the two nsx i saw cross the block looked great under the lights, especially the clarion car...also the stock 91 went for a strong 65K....nice to see some developing interest in the nsx at these auctions.Lots of little mistakes by the supposed expert analysts...:rolleyes:

Back