• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo NSX vs. 991 Turbo vs. MP4-12C

I found that there is an intangible "consideration" (some would call it stress) when dealing with a car that is high dollar and less common (I hesitate to say rare). The sample size/data base (for knowledge, parts, repairs, spares, insurance, etc...) complicates/influences almost every aspect of ownership which (I feel) should be taken into account.

When I had a major repair to my NSX parts (like a front clip) were rare and expensive (compared to my 300ZX TT)...just try to source/price a cracked headlight or windshield for a McLaren.

to the OP, i've had similar considerations. MP4 is too unreliable and costly to maintain. the look of a porsche does nothing for me and everyone has a porsche, so that's out. based on that, i turbo'd my nsx and haven't looked back. it's fast, fun, unique, relatively cheap to fix/maintain compared to the others, and is still very reliable, despite what people say about NSXs with turbo set-ups. you just need to ensure that you have a good system, installer, and tuner. as it stands, the only other car i'd still consider is a gallardo. NSX is a better car, but there's something about a lambo that draws me in..

Back