• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX WestFest

LMR

Legendary Member
Who is ready for an epic Southwest region event in Vegas!!! As some of you know, the Southwest NSXCA personnel have been working behind the scenes to put together an epic regional event that will be held in Las Vegas late spring of 2017, NSX WestFest. Great news just came in where dates, room rates and some events have been finalized. We need to get responses from people who are interested in attending so here is what we have so far.

When: 5/4 - 5/7
Where: Gold Coast
What:
- 5/4 Thursday afternoon/evening check in/ registration and the Fremont Experience in downtown
- 5/5 Friday Karting, Local Acura Dealership meet are in the works and shopping at the local outlets. Evening/ night time open on your own dime.
- 5/6 Saturday Mt. Charleston drive. Evening Banquet dinner 6pm.
- 5/7 Sunday check out/ open
Cost:
- Room rates: 5/4 $58.23. 5/5-6 $117.59.

Registration cost TBD shortly but should be very reasonable since we are keeping it somewhat simple.

As stated earlier we need to get responses from people who are interested/serious about attending so please reply asap.

Last edited:
I'd love to go but I'm going to an S2000 meet in Shamokin Dam, PA that same weekend.

Will you be "Shmokin' in Shamokin" ?? I was born in Wilkes-Barre PA which is only 70 miles from there........Make sure you go to Ricketts Glen State Park while you are there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricketts_Glen_State_Park It is only 50 miles (beautiful drive) from Shamokin and a beautiful destination...a favorite place for my mother where I actually scattered her ashes on one of the many waterfalls.

Have FUN

Westfest is already on my calendar so please add my name to the interest list

alan

I am one of the organizers of the S2000 meet that Patty will be attending (she and I go waaayyy back - I found her NSX for her!) That state park looks neat, but unfortunately, we have planned an all-day drive south and east of Shamokin Dam on Saturday. Maybe she and her boy-friend could drive up there on Friday, since that is a free day. Anyway, wish I had known about it earlier to incorporate it into our drive plans. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, I attended the NSXPO in Vegas in 2010 in my 2005 NSX. (6,000+ miles RT from the east coast) Honestly, that was enough Vegas to last me a lifetime! :)

I am one of the organizers of the S2000 meet that Patty will be attending (she and I go waaayyy back - I found her NSX for her!) That state park looks neat, but unfortunately, we have planned an all-day drive south and east of Shamokin Dam on Saturday. Maybe she and her boy-friend could drive up there on Friday, since that is a free day. Anyway, wish I had known about it earlier to incorporate it into our drive plans. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, I attended the NSXPO in Vegas in 2010 in my 2005 NSX. (6,000+ miles RT from the east coast) Honestly, that was enough Vegas to last me a lifetime! :)

I'm so glad you saw this, Gene! My first thought was, "I wonder if the drive will be anywhere near here." Gene did find my NSX on NSXPrime. It was in Chicago and I bought it.

Alan, I will for sure plan on visiting Ricketts Glen State Park! Thank you for the heads-up. There's nothing better than fresh water rivers, lakes and streams in my book. I love Pennsylvania in the spring and fall. I've been there many times for S2000 meets since Fall Colors in October 2004.

Count me in + 1 Les

Already on our calendar. Should we book hotels right away?

Not yet, we will post when everything is finalized which should be soon.

At the moment, I don't have plans for those dates...need to figure out how things are going this year before I can commit.

Sounds like a plan!!!

Anyway we could get a track day at parumph?:biggrin:

Please count me and Randy (FuryNSX) in for this event! Looking forward to it.

Back