• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Purchased a '92...

Put stock wheels on it just to see what it looked like, and had a major detailing done. I like the stock wheels, to be honest.

UKKrHOf.jpg

6lI4P5K.jpg

Finally got it on track:]

Great video Robert. Some guys just don't get the concept of "follow and learn!" What group do you run with down there? I raced an ITB MR2 for 20+ years with the DC Region SCCA and have also been on our PDX track day committee/grid chief since we formed it in 2006. It's a very successful program and we're looking forward to our first event in March. After seeing your video, I will definitely have to get my new toy out there for a session or two!
AJ

We're lucky here in Texas to have quite a few tracks and options for getting on them. The last few years, since having a kid, I've pretty much stuck to NASA Texas for Time Trials and The Drivers Edge for HPDE. The Drivers Edge has been doing HPDEs here in Texas for 20+ years now; that's who this event was with.

The guy in the yellow Vette is notorious for not letting folks by. I was kind of amazed he gave me a point, to be honest. But what are you going to do when your race car is run down by a 25 year old Honda on street tires?! LOL. Oh, yeah, run into the pits...

robert

The guy in the yellow Vette is notorious for not letting folks by. I was kind of amazed he gave me a point, to be honest. But what are you going to do when your race car is run down by a 25 year old Honda on street tires?! LOL. Oh, yeah, run into the pits...

robert

That was my next question. STREET tires? Impressive, sir! And humbling for some of your track buddies, no doubt. haha

BTW, your car looks fantastic.

Last edited:
That was my next question. STREET tires? Impressive, sir! And humbling for some of your track buddies, no doubt. haha

Well, I'm sure you know, "street tires" can mean a lot of things these days. In this case, I was on a $480 set of Federal 595 RS-Rs, which I think definitely count as a street tire. They're actually pretty impressive for the money.

robert

Agreed. A set of Hoosier Rs for my MR2 (14") were nearly $1000. What's your tire/wheel set up for the track?

I was running my Tecnomagnesio 17/18 wheels with 215/40/17 in front and 265/35/18 in the rear. The grip was fantastic. I plan to order some RE-71R for the stock wheels and try those next. I'm not expecting it to have the same level of grip, but it may still be more fun. Mostly I just want to try it.

robert

Back