• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuoss484 2nd Build Thread

A few years ago I started my first 93 NSX build thread. Within a short amount of time I had to sell the NSX. Well, fast forward a few yrs and I ended up purchasing this car http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...3K-miles-VIN-JH4NA21603T000129?highlight=LBBP site unseen in January/2015.

The car had some nice modifications, and thought it would make a good starting point. I want a car I will be able to drive, do HPDE days, and modify/tinker with.

Car preparing for its journey from sunny SoCal to PA.

The car showed up mid February 2015 during a snow storm. I did not have a chance to take pictures of the truck unloading the car as I was in a frenzy on how I would get the vehicle up the long snow inclined driveway. After several fun and nerve racking attempts to drive it up the driveway, we ended up pulling it up with our truck. Once we got to the top of the driveway, we unhooked the tow rope and I attempted to drive the NSX into the garage. The car did not make it an inch before it got stuck. I ended up pulling the car backwards and forwards a few times to get a running start, with the neighbor and my wife pushing the car into the garage while I drove. Very memorable moments.

[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]

A few days later I revisited the car and put her on jack stands. I started going over the car and what I bought. When I purchased the vehicle, I decided to get it with the less expensive wheels. Wanting to replace them with a set of light wheels, and/or track down a set of stock wheels. I figured, sell the wheels that it came with, and recoup a few dollars. The wheels turned out to be bent and corroded. Ended up taking them to a scrape yard. As a bonus, who ever changed the wheels over used the incorrect lug nuts and stripped the studs. A few of the studs I ended up breaking off, just so I could remove the wheels. So first order of business was to get new wheel studs.

The first set of wheel studs I bought were wrong. Ended up buying the incorrect set of APR extend studs. So after that fiasco I went with the true and tried OEM studs. Fitment was perfect on those. Ended up drilling out set screw heads that hold the rotor in place. While I was in there, removed some type of aftermarket metal covers that went over the stock calipers. Took off the splash guards for the rotors and installed Project Mu NS brake pads.

During the winter and through the summer months I went through the car and made some changes. I removed the carbon side scoops and replaced them with the OEM ones. I removed the short antenna and replaced it with the stock antenna. Removed the OBD II scan gauge that was installed were the clock was, and replaced with stock clock. Removed the carbon fiber stickers from the window switches, gauge cluster, and air vents.

The aftermarket alarm wiring looked like a rats nest under the dash, so I ended up removing it. The stereo system, was gone through and a lot of the unnecessary stuff was cleaned up and removed. It looked has though this car had been through multiple stereo setups. Rerouted the wires for the back up camera through the engine bay for a cleaner install. Removed the home link auto dimming mirror and blue tooth. It was nice to be able to go through everything and know what I was starting with. Installed a Uni dual stage washable air filter. Upgraded the shifter to a extended threaded gear shifter, and SOS rapid shift knob. Lightened up the front end with a Odyssey 980 battery Dali-Racing battery mount, and removed the spare tire and holder. Removed the Comptech engine cover.

Wheels.....Had a hard time deciding on wheels. I did not want anything to expensive and I wanted something light weight with close to OEM offsets. My ideal setup was to find a set of OEM wheels for a decent price. That turned out to be harder than I thought. There are not many OEM sets available, and if you do find a set they are priced pretty high. So I ended up getting Enkei RPF1 in 17F 18R in close to OEM offsets. They met my criteria of reasonably priced and light weight. Found a set of center caps on Ebay with the Honda emblem that fit the wheels, and added a set of racing opened ended lug nuts.

Last edited:
Welcome back.... It wouldn't be an nsx story if there wasn't 1 small hiccup... At least it had nothing to do with the car and usually never is. Congrats.

Welcome back! Did you have a good experience with that transporter?

Got the car back on the road fall of 2015. Doing things, little by little, when money and time were available. Enjoyed the car for a couple of months then put her way for winter. Over the winter I decided to remove the super charger, fuel system, and engine management. I debated this for a while, but came to the conclusion I wanted to do HPDE days. With this car running a high boost pulley, I was afraid I would hurt the motor. So off came the supercharger. I had to source the OEM parts, which turned out to be more of a challenge. In the end everything turned out better than what I expected. Ended up selling the supercharger with components on prime and that helped me recoup the money spent on sourcing OEM parts.

The Comptech targa brace sold with the supercharger system, so I ended up replacing that part with a Love Fab targa brace. Replaced the aftermarket coolant tank with an OEM one. Found some aftermarket covers for the manifold and throttle body to clean up the engine bay.

Before

After

Decided to go with the Bilstein shocks set on the lower perch with stock springs to get rid of some wheel gap. Ordered a APR carbon fiber adjustable wing. Flushed the brake and clutch fluid. Added Downforce front brake air deflector. New OEM front lip...and a bunch of other little misc. items.

End of May 2016, car was back on the road. Everything felt great. Signing up for my first HPDE over the July fourth weekend. It was the Pittsburgh International Raceway full course. For this I had my car aligned as close to factory specs as I could. Rear toe was set at 4mm and the rear camber was adjusted to as close as he could. For me, its a good starting point. Installed Carbotech XP10 front and XP 8 rear pads (track day only). It was a excellent day. I could see more of these in the future.

In the fall I singed up for NSXPO 2016, and started to make preparations to drive Orlando with a group of fellow NSXer's. Singed up for the HPDE day at Sebring. NSXPO was a great time and met a lot of nice people. First time I got to drive in a caravan of NSX's, which was a fast paced environment.

Group shot of the cars when we stopped for lunch on the drive to NSXPO 2016

Meeting up with other NSXer's in FL to complete the drive to NSXPO

Picture, SeaSharp, captured of my car on Sebring. (Thank you, awesome shot :applause:)

So many blues

Last edited:
Thanks for the good pics!

That about sums up my build till current day. It is winter once again and the car is tucked away in the garage ready to have some work/ maintance done. So far I decided to get the Comptech headers ceramic coated. Hopefully that will help keep the temp down in the engine bay. I have new OEM dampener to put on. Sending the oil pan out for a baffle, and maybe a set of high flow converters.

Decided to put the stock wing back on for a different look.

Started to take the headers off of the car, and I ended up noticing a rip in the axle boot. On my old car I redid the boots with the OEM rebuild kit. This car I m thinking of ordering a set of insane axel shafts, since it will be doing some HPDE days, and who know where this build could end up in ten years....want to be ready. So this is getting on my list to do's this winter. Ended up draining the transmission fluid in preparation of removal of axles.

Took the headers, exhaust and cats off of the car. Going to send the headers off to be ceramic coated. Drained the oil so I can pull the pan down and send it to have a baffle installed.

Last edited:
Both axles changed, no more ripped boot.

A while back I purchased the SOS stage 2 audio kit. Debated if I should install it. Decided I might as well put the door speakers in. Started the process by removing the door panel, plastic divider, and glue.

Last edited:
One door completed. Very pleased with the quality of the kit. Connectors, directions, wire, panels, components... are all top notch.

Last edited:
Back