• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX mesh engine cover

Anybody have experience with the Science of Speed version vs the OEM version in terms of quality, fitment, durability?

I have the SoS engine cover (in CF). Installed in less than 30 minutes. Fitment is perfect. Remember to order the installation kit.

Last edited:
I have the SoS engine cover (in CF). Installed in less than 30 minutes. Fitment is perfect. Remember to order the installation kit.

I wonder why it was not a package deal?

This may sound very ignorant, but did the OEM car come with a solid opaque engine cover? Was there ever an OEM mesh engine cover?

The OEM mesh cover (69110-SL0-900) is still available. Roughly $1,600. The SoS mesh cover was molded directly off the OEM and is half the cost (FRP).

how does this handle high heat from the engine and the sun?

I had a replica version before before SOS offered these. It eventually sagged. It looked terrible.

Mine is the carbon fiber version and seems to handle the heat just fine. No issues from sun exposure either. As a precaution you should cover your expansion tank using the NSX Type-R cover available through SoS to minimize UV exposure to the plastic. Haven't noticed any sagging.

Can one of you guys using the sos engine cover post a pic of the underside? I have a dry carbon Cantrell concepts cover which I took off. The mesh was lazily glued to the bottom of the cover. I figured, it does't do much anyway so I removed it because my hatch is tinted so heavily you cannot even see anything...

Can one of you guys using the sos engine cover post a pic of the underside? I have a dry carbon Cantrell concepts cover which I took off. The mesh was lazily glued to the bottom of the cover. I figured, it does't do much anyway so I removed it because my hatch is tinted so heavily you cannot even see anything...

I used to have a Cantrell Concepts cover and the mesh was separating from the frame as well because of the glue. I'm not sure how the SOS one was made, but the OEM mesh is welded on and super rigid. It's designed stay up without flexing while being propped only on one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The OEM mesh cover (69110-SL0-900) is still available. Roughly $1,600. The SoS mesh cover was molded directly off the OEM and is half the cost (FRP).

Mine is the carbon fiber version and seems to handle the heat just fine. No issues from sun exposure either. As a precaution you should cover your expansion tank using the NSX Type-R cover available through SoS to minimize UV exposure to the plastic. Haven't noticed any sagging.

The expansion cover is also available from your local Acura dealer (when I checked a few months ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back