• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Led tail lights

Thinking about doing rear tail light conversion on my 91 but I am finding it hard to choose a company. There are two that I found to be the best. mayday garage and arc

mayday's version has slight differences than the arc.

Mayday uses the JDM light housing and it's clear with black in the background.
Their website:
https://finalformusa.com/shop/car-shop-glow-led-tail-lights-for-91-05-nsx/

Arc uses oem tails or jdm if you can find them.

Anyone with an knowledge of either please fill me in.
Also throw in some advice.

Best regards,

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with either. The ARC kit is available for DIY modification and installation service if you send your lights in whereas Car Shop Glow is a full tail light replacement and less common.

The Arc Light option is half the price of Car Shop Glow.

Even so, you can't go wrong with either one, and both look awesome. I have the Arc-Light Lumi 2.0s. Li-Young was super-helpful through the entire process, and was easy to work with. Car Shop Glow only recently became available again after being absent for some time; they were not available at the time I was looking last summer.

Of the two, I'd go with Arc Light unless you are wedded to the idea of lights in the upper reflector, which again, looks amazing. Only you can decide whether it's worth $2400 to you.

The Arc Light option is half the price of Car Shop Glow.

Even so, you can't go wrong with either one, and both look awesome. I have the Arc-Light Lumi 2.0s. Li-Young was super-helpful through the entire process, and was easy to work with. Car Shop Glow only recently became available again after being absent for some time; they were not available at the time I was looking last summer.

Of the two, I'd go with Arc Light unless you are wedded to the idea of lights in the upper reflector, which again, looks amazing. Only you can decide whether it's worth $2400 to you.
thats true. 2400 with a sick clear housings though. As opposed to diy on your old housing. The light in the upper reflector is cool though. Haha. It's a close call between the two.

You can't go wrong with either. The ARC kit is available for DIY modification and installation service if you send your lights in whereas Car Shop Glow is a full tail light replacement and less common.
these are all true. I like the clear housing though.

Back