• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

July 29 proposition/ LA area

Sorry I couldn't make it. Here's what happened. Worked on Craig's car at my house on Saturday(installed Koni's and Eibach stuff) Worked late cleaning my car a found a Fookin crack in my wheel!!!!!! I noticed a small line in my chrome spoke and upon closer inspection, it went around the back of the spoke on the side (only one side). I felt the back of the spoke and it was very noticable. Didn't want to take a chance and should have pried Craig's car for the day (he wasn't using it?) As per Craig and Ilya's conversation with me, there should be a NSXCA meeting (possible new chapter) farther north for all of us who can't travel 2-3 hrs. to the monthly meeting. More on that later, sorry I missed seeing you guys!
frown.gif

Talk to you soon, John (and Tina)

Originally posted by ilya:
Here is a link to pics from the event.
Remember the nice Mustang Cobra R at the meet. Chock one up to another accident. I was only able to find 2 on the page. I was told there were 5 crashes, almost 6.

Here's a pic of another crash from the meet.. Gotta love the sign..

072901.jpg

Marc
97 NSX-T Twin Turbo

[This message has been edited by SpeedDemon (edited 01 August 2001).]

This shot seems appropriate for the L.A. Times "Only in L.A." column.

Too bad these things have to happen, but good thing we had a more safe-and-sane idea about how to spend our Sunday
wink.gif

BTW, Ilya, I haven't been able to access the photos on the site you sent...anyone else able to do so?

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 August 2001).]

OMG that pic is CLASSIC! I LOVE IT!
biggrin.gif

Where did you get rthat picture? I don't see it on the page I linked.

When I click on the link above it works so hat's strange. I have some more pics from the meet developed and will scan and post them soon.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 01 August 2001).]

Now I see what's wrong...the link you posted in the thread isn't correctly linked. Once I copied the whole address into the browser, it worked fine...but still slow.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 August 2001).]

Originally posted by ilya:
OMG that pic is CLASSIC! I LOVE IT!
biggrin.gif

Where did you get rthat picture? I don't see it on the page I linked.

From the SoCal DSM (Eclipse/Talon/Laser) list.. (I used to have an 11-second Eclipse, I still keep in touch)
smile.gif
. Apparently the guy was racing an RX7, got up past 100, came over a hill and suddenly saw the road was ending in a "T" (ie, left or right but not straight). He stomped on his brakes and had nothing but fade, guess they were already overheated. He got away with some body & suspension damage but luckily the car isn't a loss.

Marc
97 NSX-T Twin Turbo

Here are some scan from the meet.

Early before most others arrived. Please refrain from comments on the red wheels.
biggrin.gif

View

Just a tad bit more full now.
View

Nice Skyline
View

Z8 Interior
redface.gif

View

Let us not speak of those hideous red wheels any longer...else I will just have to vomit. Dear god, what would inspire you to paint your rims red?

A touch of red is one thing, but the whole damn wheel?

------------------
-------------
'98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T

What part of "do not comment on the red wheels" didn't you understand.
biggrin.gif

They were red when I got them. I'm getting them powdercoated white in a couple weeks for the NSXR look. I've only had them a couple weeks.

Back