• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone used one of these parking mats ?

No but I like it, I have that same style flooring in those pics. Looks amazing but slick as hell in the winter. We should just move to a warm weather climate. Who needs these things!

I'm hoping to move to a warmer climate or at least an extended stay through the winter months as soon as my other house up here closes. I have a slate floor in my garage at this house and NO floor drain. The biggest issue is the cinders getting tracked into the house. I'm looking for a way to contain the run off. Home Depot has the same mat as in my link for 183 so I'm gonna give it a try and report back.

something tells me you can get a similar thing cheaper from your local farm supplier, ie horse stall flooring...

I bought one and ended up ditching it. First off, it's a pain the a$$ to layout and put it down. Second, it moves around a bunch and would slide sometimes.

Something like this https://www.garageflooringinc.com/tiles/vented-grid-loc-tiles.html may be a better solution, in my opinion. A bit more expensive, but most likely more durable and less slippery. Even here in (near) paradise I sometimes would like a vented floor over the cold concrete, especially when it is wet here.

I have always wondered about these types of tiles vs just doing an epoxy coating. What about all the random debris and liquids that fall into the vented sections. How much of a pain is it to clean those?

I have one for my wife's car. Not what I expected when it showed up, but it does keep the water and derbies inside of it. Just washed it down today since it was a unusual 46 degrees. Its not perfect but it works for intended purpose. Brand in picture is TruContain

Last edited:
I ordered the mat from Home Depot. Took about a half an hour to put together. It's working great so far. I have a slate floor in the garage so I couldn't really try any other option. I'm very happy with it so far.

Back