• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would there be interest in custom NSX Driver's Side Knee Bolster Panel replacement

Here at EuroBoutique, we are not just building parts for the NSX and many other cars but we are also OWNERS of these cars so we have a good understanding of what parts are needed. On more than one occasion from NSXPO events to local car shows, owners have asked us to build a replacement Driver's Side Knee Bolster panel. Apparently this piece is easy to break, wears over time and owners want a replacement piece to match the rest of their customized interior.

Since we specialize on NSX Interior trim pieces, once you have our CF dash panels, CF steering wheels, door trim, etc, the knee bolster becomes one part that may or may not match.

Recently we had a local NSX owner drop by for a full interior facelift. He ordered our entire interior CF trim setup and also have one of our steering wheels and opted to do a full interior leather upgrade using our kit. Parts replaced included:

a) CF Flat bottom steering wheel
b) CF Power window door trim
c) CF Center vent trim
d) CF Reduced Glare double din dash panel
e) Complete stereo upgrade using Hertz speakers, JL Audio and Pioneer APP Radio
f) Full Interior OEM seat, door trim and center elbow rest leather upgrade in rich leather with red contrast stitching.

When all of this was done, we noticed his OEM knee bolster was still in the previous owner's red vinyl and looked like an eyesore. What you see is the piece removed and we were thinking would there be a need to have replacement knee bolsters?

We would build this piece from scratch and offer a few options:

1) Buy the knee bolster in bare form and you can paint, wrap, or finish however you like

2) Buy the knee bolster in carbon fiber finish

3) Buy the knee bolster covered in rich leather, Alcantara or perforated leather with custom contrast color stitching

We have not started this project yet so wanted to get input from all the NSX owners - please chime in if you have interest in either option 1, 2 or 3! To get the project rolling we would need roughly 10 committed buyers with a 50% deposit. Please add your name to this thread and we will check back here often to see if there is enough interest.

thanks

Visit our NSX specific section of our website here, we will be constantly adding new products here:

https://euroboutique.us/collections/nsx

The final product can be finished in any number of materials from Leather, Alcantara or carbon fiber. You can pick the contrast stitching color too!

here's some samples of our work:

Last edited:
Wrap it in a rich leather #3 option. Carbon fiber anywhere that sunlight can hit will shine in your face pretty bad. That's the one thing I cannot stand about luxury cars with their fake wood trim. It always shines in your face. Carbon fiber is just a bit much for the knee bolster.
Simple touches of carbon here and there look great. But trying to pull off a P1 interior on a car that is leagues under it is ehhhhh.... I mean , I guess some people will like it.:rolleyes:

Wrap it in a rich leather #3 option. Carbon fiber anywhere that sunlight can hit will shine in your face pretty bad. That's the one thing I cannot stand about luxury cars with their fake wood trim. It always shines in your face. Carbon fiber is just a bit much for the knee bolster.
Simple touches of carbon here and there look great. But trying to pull off a P1 interior on a car that is leagues under it is ehhhhh.... I mean , I guess some people will like it.:rolleyes:

thank you for your input!

Fellas chime in here before we make a few decisions on how we want to proceed with this project.

thanks!

www.euroboutique.us

This is a great idea! I like the look of leather, but I think the smoothness of carbon fiber would increase the life of the bolster. I hit mine in the same place every time and can see exactly where my knee rubs it and wears the material. Would a "smoked" finish on the carbon be possible?

If mine needed to be redone, I would go for leather.

We can re-finish your stock pieces in any material you want from our high quality leathers to Alcantara materials as well! PM us with details!

thank you for your input - we will be working on the mold designs later next month.

For the Carbon Fiber - we can do black carbon in gloss or matte finishes. If you want a smoked finish that can be custom ordered as well.

thanks

www.euroboutique.us

Would definitely be interested in one wrapped in leather. Just picked up an abused '97 and will be planning on restoring interior as back to factory look as possible.

thanks fellas - please PM us if you want to pick one up!

Each of these are hand crafted and we will be using Kevlar to strengthen the clips on the back which are known to break. We will offer these in a few ways:

a) Beautiful carbon fiber finish

b) Black Leather finish just like OEM

c) Black Leather with red contrast stitching

d) Black Alcantara with red contrast stitching

e) Custom finish to your specs (please allow 4-6 weeks)

thanks!

www.euroboutique.us

here's our first pieces of the CF knee bolster upgrade! Keep in mind we can finish this in any materials you want and we do NOT need your stock piece back.

These are built from scratch and use stronger tabs to keep these in place. Replace your tired or worn out knee bolsters with something that really stands out. Why go stock when you can get something better!

Each piece is typically made to order so PM us for ordering or lead times!

thanks!

www.euroboutique.us

We currently have some NSX full black Alcantara shift boots in stock if anyone wants one!

Sneek peek at one of our first full leather replacement driver side knee bolsters in full leather:

Fresh upgrade with new leather seats, leather elbow pad and our CF upgrade trim pieces! Next up is the AUTO shift knob:

thanks

www.euroboutique.us

Leather one looks great. Carbon one is just begging to be keyed.:eek:

PM's replied - we have both leather version and carbon versions with YOUR CHOICE of contrast stitching color!

let us know how we can make your NSX stand out....we can do matching passenger glove box and knee bolster trims, elbow pads, etc.

thanks!

PM's replied - if you guys have damaged clips or wrinkled upholstery we can repair most of this.

Instead of paying for a stock piece that will break again might as well get an upgraded piece with better quality materials!

here's a sample of the type of work we can do besides knee bolsters: (all of these pieces will be turned into carbon pieces)

Currently in stock:

a) Full rich black leather with Red contrast stitching

b) Full rich black leather, black stitching

c) Carbon Fiber replacement

All of our lower dash trim pieces use reinforced Kevlar mounting tabs which are typically the first thing to break.

PM us with any questions or custom work.

thanks

We currently have some NSX full black Alcantara shift boots in stock if anyone wants one!

Sneek peek at one of our first full leather replacement driver side knee bolsters in full leather:

Fresh upgrade with new leather seats, leather elbow pad and our CF upgrade trim pieces! Next up is the AUTO shift knob:

thanks

www.euroboutique.us

oooh. I would probably purchase this, especially since my knee bolster has seen better days.

PM's replied!

We have a leather one in stock right now with red contrast stitching. CF one is almost completed!

Visit our site and follow us on Instagram
[MENTION=8868]EuroBoutique[/MENTION]

thanks

PM's replied!

We can build in any material, color or contrast stitching.

Each one is hand crafted from scratch so it's a direct replacement for your stock piece. Quite a bit more rigid than stock and much better looking.

We currently have a full black leather one in stock with red contrast stitching.

visit our website for more info and check out the NSX collection here:

www.euroboutique.us

thanks

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Back