Thread: Would there be interest in custom NSX Driver's Side Knee Bolster Panel replacement

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would there be interest in custom NSX Driver's Side Knee Bolster Panel replacement

Here at EuroBoutique, we are not just building parts for the NSX and many other cars but we are also OWNERS of these cars so we have a good understanding of what parts are needed. On more than one occasion from NSXPO events to local car shows, owners have asked us to build a replacement Driver's Side Knee Bolster panel. Apparently this piece is easy to break, wears over time and owners want a replacement piece to match the rest of their customized interior.

Since we specialize on NSX Interior trim pieces, once you have our CF dash panels, CF steering wheels, door trim, etc, the knee bolster becomes one part that may or may not match.

Recently we had a local NSX owner drop by for a full interior facelift. He ordered our entire interior CF trim setup and also have one of our steering wheels and opted to do a full interior leather upgrade using our kit. Parts replaced included:

a) CF Flat bottom steering wheel
    b) CF Power window door trim
    c) CF Center vent trim
    d) CF Reduced Glare double din dash panel
    e) Complete stereo upgrade using Hertz speakers, JL Audio and Pioneer APP Radio
    f) Full Interior OEM seat, door trim and center elbow rest leather upgrade in rich leather with red contrast stitching.

When all of this was done, we noticed his OEM knee bolster was still in the previous owner's red vinyl and looked like an eyesore. What you see is the piece removed and we were thinking would there be a need to have replacement knee bolsters?

We would build this piece from scratch and offer a few options:

1) Buy the knee bolster in bare form and you can paint, wrap, or finish however you like

2) Buy the knee bolster in carbon fiber finish

3) Buy the knee bolster covered in rich leather, Alcantara or perforated leather with custom contrast color stitching

We have not started this project yet so wanted to get input from all the NSX owners - please chime in if you have interest in either option 1, 2 or 3! To get the project rolling we would need roughly 10 committed buyers with a 50% deposit. Please add your name to this thread and we will check back here often to see if there is enough interest.

thanks

Visit our NSX specific section of our website here, we will be constantly adding new products here:

https://euroboutique.us/collections/nsx

here are some photos of his OEM panel for reference purpose (we did NOT do the red vinyl wrap, car came purchased this way)

here's some samples of our work:

Last edited by EuroBoutique; 01-11-2017 at 09:37.
    NSX Prime Vendor Listing: EuroBoutique

Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrap it in a rich leather #3 option. Carbon fiber anywhere that sunlight can hit will shine in your face pretty bad. That's the one thing I cannot stand about luxury cars with their fake wood trim. It always shines in your face. Carbon fiber is just a bit much for the knee bolster.
    Simple touches of carbon here and there look great. But trying to pull off a P1 interior on a car that is leagues under it is ehhhhh.... I mean , I guess some people will like it.
    1991 ctsc, night rider. All black in and out, black rg3, 340 whp, all on oem ecu. CF roof/interior

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinks View Post
    Wrap it in a rich leather #3 option. Carbon fiber anywhere that sunlight can hit will shine in your face pretty bad. That's the one thing I cannot stand about luxury cars with their fake wood trim. It always shines in your face. Carbon fiber is just a bit much for the knee bolster.
    Simple touches of carbon here and there look great. But trying to pull off a P1 interior on a car that is leagues under it is ehhhhh.... I mean , I guess some people will like it.
    thank you for your input!

Fellas chime in here before we make a few decisions on how we want to proceed with this project.

thanks!

www.euroboutique.us

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If mine needed to be redone, I would go for leather.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great idea! I like the look of leather, but I think the smoothness of carbon fiber would increase the life of the bolster. I hit mine in the same place every time and can see exactly where my knee rubs it and wears the material. Would a "smoked" finish on the carbon be possible?
    I'm cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    If mine needed to be redone, I would go for leather.
    We can re-finish your stock pieces in any material you want from our high quality leathers to Alcantara materials as well! PM us with details!

thank you for your input - we will be working on the mold designs later next month.

For the Carbon Fiber - we can do black carbon in gloss or matte finishes. If you want a smoked finish that can be custom ordered as well.

thanks

www.euroboutique.us

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would definitely be interested in one wrapped in leather. Just picked up an abused '97 and will be planning on restoring interior as back to factory look as possible.