• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trying to Find Window Regulator Repair Kit

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find a Hugabuga window repair kit, but I'm not getting any email response. Does anyone know if he still makes them? If not, does anyone know where one can be purchased? I'm looking to repair my regulators to speed the windows up and I've heard/read good things about this kit.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys!

I'm needing to do mine as well, my passenger side just lowered and that was it.

I read some good, and some not so good, things about the Hugabuga. windowsregulatorsusa.com are out of business. I just connected with this shop, they seem to be pretty good and I think can improve over the original design if you want to give them a call.

PowerWindowRepair.com in Arizona. Below is from their intro email. I'll post afterward how my experience with them went. Now if only I can get this flap off from behind the handle.......

[FONT=&quot]If you'd like additional information on our repair, you can visit us at[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://powerwindowrepair.com/<wbr>what-makes-power-window-<wbr>repair-different/[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or call [/FONT][FONT=&quot](480)570-5116[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to speak to a diagnostic technician.[/FONT]

I'm needing to do mine as well, my passenger side just lowered and that was it.

I read some good, and some not so good, things about the Hugabuga. windowsregulatorsusa.com are out of business. I just connected with this shop, they seem to be pretty good and I think can improve over the original design if you want to give them a call.

PowerWindowRepair.com in Arizona. Below is from their intro email. I'll post afterward how my experience with them went. Now if only I can get this flap off from behind the handle.......

If you'd like additional information on our repair, you can visit us athttp://powerwindowrepair.com/<wbr>what-makes-power-window-<wbr>repair-different/ or call (480)570-5116 to speak to a diagnostic technician.

That's interesting... Are they making a replacement regulator, or simply an upgrade kit to modify the regulator like the hugabuga kit? How soon are they expecting to have this to market?

I was speaking with Paul at PowerWindowRepair and volleyed a bunch of questions to him which seem to come up time and again including yours about rebuild/improved product. He said he'll get me answers this week, when he does I'll post.

I asked the below questions, if anyone has any others, I'll gladly see about getting answers:

Is there a better regulator than OEM that will make the windows raise and lower faster and more smoothly than the stock one?

Do regulators slow down over time? Ie the NSX windows raise more slowly as they get older, why? And would rebuilding it address this?

Do you Rebuild existing? If you do, do you improve on them?

If you rebuild, what does that consist of?

My driver side raises very slowly. I usually have to help it with my hand. What's the best solution to getting it to raise quickly again?

The NSX windows will never be fast, but its amazing what cleaning the tracks and replacing the slider blocks does for them. However, there are other issues/failures that may make repair/rebuild necessary.

Took me about 3 hours to do the drivers window, and less than an hour to do the passenger (after I got the hang of it). They are significantly faster now, very happy with this kit.

I was speaking with Paul at PowerWindowRepair and volleyed a bunch of questions to him which seem to come up time and again including yours about rebuild/improved product. He said he'll get me answers this week, when he does I'll post.

I asked the below questions, if anyone has any others, I'll gladly see about getting answers:

Is there a better regulator than OEM that will make the windows raise and lower faster and more smoothly than the stock one?

Do regulators slow down over time? Ie the NSX windows raise more slowly as they get older, why? And would rebuilding it address this?

Do you Rebuild existing? If you do, do you improve on them?

If you rebuild, what does that consist of?

My driver side raises very slowly. I usually have to help it with my hand. What's the best solution to getting it to raise quickly again?

*****(11/12/2018) Did you ever end up purchasing the repair from PowerWindowRepair? If so how was it?***** - Thx.

Back