• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chevy Bolt not an NSX.....

While I still miss having my NSX, I just acquired a new Red Chevy Bolt. As electric cars go it is a game changer with a 240 mile range. Not as fast and not as pretty though, but great for the environment. Perhaps I will bring it by one of the Thursday meets at Matt's Acura.
Manny

... Not as fast and not as pretty though, but great for the environment....
Probably the worst fallacy about hybrid and electric cars these days. Look at how battery material is harvested (lithium), where most of America (California in your case) gets its electricity from, and then what happens after the batteries are spent.

Hybrid/Electric cars are great for the consumer (no typical fuel consumption), but better for the environment....not at all.

Sorry for the rant.

Actually when you look at the data see: http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default...ner-Cars-from-Cradle-to-Grave-full-report.pdf you will see that your conclusions are contrary to the evidence. Even after batteries are no longer useful in cars they still retain approximately 75% of their capacity. They can then be used in collecting electricity during off peak times to offset the costs during peak times. So you can run your air conditioner during the day with electricity that you collected during the night. The world is changing as we speak. The Bolt is the first affordable electric car that gets 240 miles on one charge. I do still miss my Supercharged NSX though.....

Probably the worst fallacy about hybrid and electric cars these days. Look at how battery material is harvested (lithium), where most of America (California in your case) gets its electricity from, and then what happens after the batteries are spent.

Hybrid/Electric cars are great for the consumer (no typical fuel consumption), but better for the environment....not at all.

Sorry for the rant.

Electric cars are going to be great for the environment when Trump starts charging them up with lots of coal.

I will tell you I am still dumbfounded that Turkey won. His depth of knowledge on any subject is the length of a tweet.

I will tell you I am still dumbfounded that Turkey won. His depth of knowledge on any subject is the length of a tweet.

You're sure giving him lots of credit with the comment in bold:wink:

Electricity isn't made by Zeus in the heavens. It is "mostly" made by burning coal or nuclear power which is excellent for the environment. But congrats to the o.p. I am glad the castration went so well. :wink: Missing the nsx yet? Hope to see you back soon and give you a warm welcome.
A link for people who must have facts...
https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=427&t=3

Electricity isn't made by Zeus in the heavens.

No, electricity is made by Sol...well, at least for those of us (including myself and Manny) who have chosen to invest in photo-voltaic panels and to reside in an area where the sky is clear more often than not.

People should really think about what they say before they post. One of my favorite things about this community was that it used to be very open-minded and inclusive, a place where car enthusiasts could have intelligent conversations. And let's try to keep politics off these boards...the last thing I want to see around here are alternative facts!

Perhaps I will bring it by one of the Thursday meets at Matt's Acura.

If you do, let me know so I can bring my Tesla. It's nearly impossible for me to drive my NSX down there due to what time I have to leave my office, but with the HOV stickers on my Model X I might have a chance to actually make it to one before everyone leaves.

BTW, my coworker (also a solar user) picked up a Bolt last week. He's been driving EVs since I started working with him nearly 8 years ago (he's previously leased a MINI E, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Spark)

Last edited:
Back