• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX is not selling? it's overpriced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of guys from McLaren Beverly Hills have been sharing some interesting insights on YouTube

paraphrasing here

2/3 of the exotic buyers are not car guys
they have resources and want a car that makes a statement when they arrive somewhere
they know Ferrari and Lamborghini and buy those
McLaren 12C prices have reached the level where their sons can fit them into their budget
these sons have then been dragging their fathers into the McLaren showroom
once the fathers see what McLaren has to offer, many have been buying

A couple of guys from McLaren Beverly Hills have been sharing some interesting insights on YouTube

paraphrasing here

2/3 of the exotic buyers are not car guys
they have resources and want a car that makes a statement when they arrive somewhere
they know Ferrari and Lamborghini and buy those
McLaren 12C prices have reached the level where their sons can fit them into their budget
these sons have then been dragging their fathers into the McLaren showroom
once the fathers see what McLaren has to offer, many have been buying

That's the power of having a consistent presence in the market and building a following. If people enjoyed your supercar before, they'll be the first in line when your new model comes out. If they trust your brand, they're more likely to put down a deposit, sight unseen. I'm pretty sure Honda has not fully internalized this concept, as evidenced by how they treated the NSX and S2000.

Regurgitating the same crap endlessly hardly qualifies as a discussion. If you love the Euro crap that you constantly natter on about so much, go get one. Better yet, get two or three, so one of them might be functioning enough to actually drive when you need it. Probably won't be a problem, as you won't be out for many pleasure drives, because you'll be working all the time trying to stay ahead of the ridiculous maintenance costs of your treasures.

both sides of the NSX argument "regurgitate the same crap endlessly" as you've just stated and shown...

Is Acura's NSX hybrid supercar struggling amid slow early sales?
The hotly anticipated Japanese sports car appears to be stumbling out of the gate. Here's what's going on.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/acuras-nsx-hybrid-supercar-struggling-amidst-slow-early-sales/

great article, well written and covered all the bases from all sides. many excuses from Acura too...

I think it is seriously unfair to favor 1 side in any debate wheather it be a car or politics. I see a lot of people who post dislikes about the new car get hammered by 1 side. Is this not the reason for discussion? Do we just post nothing but 1 sided views while others get deleted and slammed here? Seems fitting though given the politics of this country right now. For the love of god, stop smelling your own asses, this is a car chat forum, it doesn't save lives, it doesn't cure cancer, I do not care who you know, or who you work for... It is a DISCUSSION!! Listen to BOTH sides..... Jesus....

I feel I have to defend our moderator. I saw the deleted post before it was deleted. It was simply a childish bully post - nothing more. Moderator is keeping this forum from turning into a school yard brawl - an unappreciated task, apparently. And the poster calling it as a "worthy reply" afterward..sorry to reveal.

FWIW, I love my new NSX. I do not think its overpriced. A year ago, I couldn't find any dealers to sell me their allocation. As others have stated, dealers all wanted to flip the car and here we are. Please go drive it if you have a chance. My gen 1 may be for sale soon.

I feel I have to defend our moderator. I saw the deleted post before it was deleted. It was simply a childish bully post - nothing more. Moderator is keeping this forum from turning into a school yard brawl - an unappreciated task, apparently. And the poster calling it as a "worthy reply" afterward..sorry to reveal.

FWIW, I love my new NSX. I do not think its overpriced. A year ago, I couldn't find any dealers to sell me their allocation. As others have stated, dealers all wanted to flip the car and here we are. Please go drive it if you have a chance. My gen 1 may be for sale soon.

At what point was I referring to a deleted post? Or a moderator? I was only describing the fact that if anything negative is posted about the car, people try to use a superior dialect in their sentences to put down the person who posted it. That sir is BEING A BULLY.... Why do you think most new people here when they post a question, they all start with,"I am sorry".... So yeah, at the end of the day, I see bullying everyday here...
I don't even know why you care? Don't you guts have a private owner discussion so that childish school yard bullying people create here doesn't reach your superiority?

At this point in my life my thoughts on the new nsx , I don't care much anymore. You all keep posting how it is great. I just do not have the temperament to be cornered into believing something I do not. I think it is overpriced, lacks usable tech, lacks power, and lacks options. I could go on and on....My final post on this topic...

Haha, enjoy your first gen. I certainly enjoy mine as it's still the best car I've ever owned. However, I still look forward to driving the new NSX also as it's still the truest successor to the first gen in my eyes.

At this point in my life my thoughts on the new nsx , I don't care much anymore. You all keep posting how it is great. I just do not have the temperament to be cornered into believing something I do not. I think it is overpriced, lacks usable tech, lacks power, and lacks options. I could go on and on....My final post on this topic...

Jinks, you haven't driven the new NSX so your comments about usable tech, lacks power, lacks options etc. are not based on experience but rather on magazines/ video's etc.
Fastaussie is also a non-owner, non-driver who has very strong negative views.

On the other hand when owners of the new NSX talk about how much they enjoy their car, the negative posters here tend to ignore those comments.
Making continued negative comments without any real world experience lacks substance.

This is why this forum has degraded to a very few posters and most new NSX owners aren't bothering to add comments.
Why read about how poor the new NSX you've just bought is or how weak the Honda marketing effort and so on.
To a new owner these posts read like " as a new NSX owner you are a complete loser to have bought such a low tech, low powered, overpriced piece of s..."

My new NSX is so much better than my 91 NSX.
They're not even in the same league.
I drive it every day there's no snow and enjoy it more and more as I learn what it has to offer.
I'm done posting on the public Prime forums.
No respect here anymore.

Last edited:
Jinks, you haven't driven the new NSX so your comments about usable tech, lacks power, lacks options etc. are not based on experience but rather on magazines/ video's etc.

99.9% of people haven't driven the new NSX, or the other Supercar contenders, which is exactly why there is an automotive press to do so and report to that 99.9%. and this is exactly where one draws their opinions from. the professionals whose job it is to contrast and compare said vehicles. i have no idea what your point is?

and many owners of the new NSX have never driven the new R8 (or the old one), 488 (or 458), 570S, 911 Turbo or GT3, Huracan, AMG GTS and so on.

so we can go round and round all day! i have driven each of the other cars listed above many times, but not the NSX. i do however know many people who have driven all of these cars and the NSX. it's a very small club. i know several drivers from the Honda R&D team. so i can take my opinions based on theirs, to a fairly high degree.

as far as me driving the NSX, i'll be doing it soon alongside the 488, R8, Huracan 580-2 and 570S (same track, same day). but i won't be saying a word on here. the Primers i talk to privately will get the scoop.

no one said anyone was a loser for buying the new NSX. if that's what you want, buy it and love it. it's a fantastic car, any of the new crop of Supercars are. only when compared directly to each other can a relative opinion be made. if anyone on here has driven all of the other Supercars, please let me know, or rather make a new thread and post about it. and again, lots of people buy minivans and love them to death, so it's all good! whatever makes you happy, is all that matters. but bloody hell, i didn't realise whingey millennials were buying NSX's these days.

no one is hurting my feelings, but some of you ladies love to dish it out, and you sure can't take it. as has been said, it's a forum. if you don't like negative things being said about a car, don't go on a thread entitled "the NSX isn't selling, it's overpriced?" there's no less than half a dozen threads just like this where everyone is talking about every excuse possible as to why the NSX is not the runaway slam dunk it was supposed to be a year ago. it just isn't, so get over it. no amount of your excuses will change that. the bullying talk is funny, and hypocritical. and it's been noticed by many, just not by the Honda fan boys who love to dish and can't take.

hey, here's an idea. if you wanna have a discussion but can't handle the negative along with the positive, stay off a forum... :wink:

p.s. this is my day from time to time, so i feel like i'm fairly qualified to know what i'm talking about.

attachment.php

Here's an idea. Get on twitter and bless the great unwashed with your endless automotive genius, like your Brother from another Mother, The Donald!............................................. .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

99.9% of people haven't driven the new NSX, or the other Supercar contenders, which is exactly why there is an automotive press to do so and report to that 99.9%. and this is exactly where one draws their opinions from. the professionals whose job it is to contrast and compare said vehicles.
How about building your own opinion than just parroting all the paid test drivers testing 90% irrelevant things of a particular car while driving like an idiot on a racetrack what most people will not or very seldomly ever do. :wink:

Boy, NSPRIME is looking more and more like my Facebook feed, where half my friends scream about hating Trump, half my friends shout back about giving Trump a chance, and the 3rd half are smartly keeping their ears & eyes open and mouths quiet. I hope this doesn't result in having both an NSXPO and alt-NSXPO annually, one in the north and one in the south. :)

brother-vs-brother%2Bcopy.jpg

At this point in time this thread is adding nothing new or meaningful and has degenerated into a few members stating the same thing over and over.

All opinions are just that - opinions. All are welcome to voice their opinions and agree or disagree or agree to disagree. However, the value of this thread has come and gone so it is time to shut it down, at least for a "time out".

To all new owners: congrats on getting a great car and keeping the name "NSX" in everyday conversation. Enjoy your cars and drive them often!

To all original owners: keep enjoying what was called the greatest sports car ever made by Motor Trend when it was introduced. You don't need to be in love with the new NSX but at least respect those who do and welcome them to our NSX family.

And now back to your regular programming.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back