• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Tire Replacement 1995- Seek Recommendation

I have stock rims and tires on my 1995 Acura NSX. The back tires are Michelin Pilot Sport tires. I am looking to replace the front tires (215/45ZR16). I do not race the car. I spend most of my time on the very winding Mt. Rose Hwy between Reno and Lake Tahoe at speeds up to 55 mph in the summer. What make and model number of tires would be a good fit for me?

Why not run matching tires? Is your PS in brand new condition? If so I would get rt615 for fronts then when rears are done replace with matching rt615

Why not run matching tires? Is your PS in brand new condition? If so I would get rt615 for fronts then when rears are done replace with matching rt615

They do not make the same Michelin Pilot Sport tire in the required front size. Similar for the Azinis RT615s - I can get them for the front now but they do not make them in the correct size for the rears. Maybe I should go with them in the front for now unless there is another front recommendation.

They do not make the same Michelin Pilot Sport tire in the required front size. Similar for the Azinis RT615s - I can get them for the front now but they do not make them in the correct size for the rears. Maybe I should go with them in the front for now unless there is another front recommendation.
Aware about missing sizes for front with PSS. I was referring to the case when rear are about to be replaced giving you a chance to run matching set front to rear.

215/45 and 255/40 is what I've been running for a long time.

Not ideal sizing but I ran the Falkens in 215/45R16 and 255/40R17 on my stock 16/17.
In theory maybe. But in reality it's not an issue. If you can relax front and stiffer rear sway bar to dial out that imaginary understeer with 215/255 then even better

Why not run the OE tire sizes 215/45-16 and 245/40-17? Bridgestone Potenza RE010.

Back